Self Loathing

(A/N) pining Jeremy is underrated

Jeremy would be lying if he said he loved himself, or generally liked himself. He honestly wished he could be anybody but himself a lot, especially when it came to one person. Sure he wishes he wasn't awkward or a loser which most of the people he knows aren't...but he also wished he could BE optimistic about basically everything he did, even if he was a loser. He wishes he could be more like Michael, mainly because Michael was always smiling, always so positive and gave off a generally happy aura. Jeremy on the other hand seemed constantly confused and pessimistic, exact opposite of Michael. Where his life was rain clouds, Michael's was rainbows.

Jeremy had never known why he wanted to be more like Michael, maybe to stop from hating himself, no that's too easy. Maybe because he genuinely enjoyed Michael's personality, also too easy. Maybe it was because he liked Michael...more than he realized. Of course the people at school would find it weird if he just went from 'straight' to, well you know, in a matter of seconds. But Jeremy didn't want to keep from hiding his feelings. He really did have a thing for Michael but he didn't know how to express it, but Michael wouldn't care how it was done, Jeremy thought.

Michael was visiting, perfect time for Jeremy to confess, and hopefully not ruin their friendship with him.

As soon as he heard knocking, Jeremy ran to the door, not even pausing his game(single player mode of AotD)and opened it. He seen Michael's bright smile and warm brown eyes and turned red on sight. The smaller male quickly hugged him, almost knocking him over.

"Hey Jeremy! So you wanted to tell me something?" Michael asked and Jeremy nodded silently, his head looking in the direction of the couch.

The two jumped on the couch and loaded up multiplayer mode and that's when Jeremy began thinking up how he would say this. He knew Michael was openly homosexual, it was obvious, Michael had always been like that, but Jeremy himself...he had always claimed to be straight but deep down he knew he wasn't.

"Michael..." Jeremy began, taking in a deep breath before continuing. "I've...been thinking...about a lot of things..."

"That's not healthy Jer."

"Quiet, anyways I was thinking...and I just realized how you're always so positive, like...you are always smiling or trying to make others happy...while I'm just a pessimist, and I'm almost never happy. But then I realized I DO get happy...but only with you it seems...and I know we're best friends and all, and I would never wanna lose that but...I bet we could keep that nature stronger if...maybe we got together...like...going out so...umm...would you like...be my boyfriend?" Jeremy asked, face flushed in shades of red he didn't know could show up on the human face. He was also sweating like crazy, and his hands were shaking a bit too.

"Jeremy...I.."

"I understand if you don't love me that way I just..." Jeremy began before Michael tightly hugged him, face burning as red as Jeremy's.

"J-Jeremy I...I do love you that way, I a-always have..." Michael whispered, nuzzling Jeremy's shoulder gently. Jeremy didn't say anything back, he just gently put his hand on one of Michael's and they just sat there, not doing anything else but smiling.

That night Mr. Heere had walked in to see the two boys lying on the couch together in a warm embrace. He decided to just let them be and go to his own room.

(A/N) this one is pretty old too