Chapter 1

Lloyd Garmadon was pretty much the most popular kid at Ninjago City High, but not in a good way. Being the son of the proclaimed "Worst Guy Ever" meant that most of the students at school had a bit of bad blood towards the son of Garmadon. Everyone else just ignored him and kept their distance.

Lloyd couldn't really blame them.

Koko had done everything she could to help Lloyd find the positive in every situation and not be ashamed of his heritage, but Garmadon still stuck out like a thumb. Garmadon was Lloyd's father. There was no way of changing that. It could be written in blood for all Lloyd cared.

One morning, Lloyd rode his bike to school rather than taking the buss. Everyone on the ride would just glare at him anyway.

He parked his bike near the front entrance of the school building and locked it to one of the bike racks. He entered the combination just to test it out, then locked it again.

Lloyd looked frantically around for one of his friends, so someone could lighten his mood. He was able to spot Jay's ruffled brown hair and bright orange scarf from nearly a mile away.

"Hey, Jay!" Lloyd called to his friend. Jay turned from what he was doing and his face lit up at the sight of his friend.

"Lloyd!" Jay started. "You're just who I wanted to talk to."

"Oh wow, I wanted to talk to you too," Lloyd chuckled. "But you first."

Jay nodded. "There's this new girl in school, and she's in your grade. She's a year younger though, I think she may have skipped a grade in most classes."

Lloyd rubbed his chin. "Huh. So NCH has another star student, basically."

"Basically," Jay confirmed, and he grabbed Lloyd's arm.

"H-hey!"

Jay insisted. "Come on, we can get a good look over here!" Jay led his blonde friend to the main fellowship area, where most of the popular kids hung out. Lloyd made sure to stay hidden behind a pillar. The presence of the son of Garmadon could turn the atmosphere sour very quickly.

"What we looking at?" Lloyd asked his friend.

Jay stuck out a finger at a girl a few yards away. "That's her."

Lloyd took a good look for a moment, noticing her features. She was a lovely young lady from what Lloyd could tell, and she had long red hair and blue eyes. She wore jeans and a white tanktop shirt that fell past her waist, but didn't look too big on her.

Lloyd had been staring too long, because Jay soon snapped his fingers in front of Lloyd's view, snapping the blonde out of his trance. "Hello? Ninjago to Lloyd?"

Lloyd turned red, noticing that he had been staring at someone he had never met or even seen before today. Not that it would matter anyway, the kids at school probably already expected the "Evil Son of Garmadon" to stare at people.

"Sorry, Jay," Lloyd added. "I just...didn't get much sleep last night," he said. This wasn't exactly a lie, because he didn't sleep much at all. But that's not what was bothering him.

"Oh...okay!" Jay said quickly as he got up to go to class. "See you in class, bestie." With that, the brunette freckled teen walked off to the classrooms.

"Yeah, see you then." Lloyd sighed as he watched the other kids rush inside as well, leaving him alone in the fellowship hall. Or so he thought.

"If it isn't Hemr-oyd Garma-dork," a familiar yet annoying voice spoke sharply from behind Lloyd. Lloyd whipped around, and confirmed his guess.