Chapter 2 Who Are You?

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Ivanna, happy birthday to you. Hipip hoary, hipip hoary, hipip hoary!" Mum, Dad, Nonna and Jack were I think trying to sing happy birthday to me but they were more like yelling.
"Now make a wish ana" my mum said using my nickname. I took a big breathe in, held it for a few seconds and then let it out. The candle flickered then died out.

"What did u wish for?" My Dad asked.
"Well if I tell you it won't come true" I stated with a matter-of-fact tone in my voice. What I wished for was to make a friend or friends that will never leave my side and stay with me for the rest of time.

----------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY

Beep, beep, beep.
And that is the sound of my alarm on a Sunday morning waking me up at 10:30am. I know right it is so early, especially for a Sunday! Although if I don't have the alarm go off I'll sleep in all day.

I slowly rolled out of bed and being the clumsy person I am, I missed my footing and fell right on my butt, which wasn't actually that bad. I stood up, brushing my pj's like I had fallen on dirt and quickly walked to my bedroom door with the certain urge to use the bathroom. I unlocked my wooden, creamy coloured door and across the hallway opposite my room was Jacks room. I saw his door open and looked up and saw him leaning on his door almost knocking it off its hinges.

I slowly raised my gaze to look into his dark brown eyes and noticing that they too were looking into my eyes. I swear I could faintly hear the tune when cowboys are having a stare down in the movies. It was when I couldn't hold back the urge to pee and started bolting down the hall to get to the bathroom before Jack did. I could hear the thundering footsteps behind me and before I knew it, Jack was like the speed of light he went that fast. I then stopped running knowing I can't beat him in a running race because his gift was running, really fast too. Then i remembered I can teleport! So just as Jack was about to enter the bathroom i teleported inside and locked the door.
"How the... what the.......HOW!!!!" Jack asked confused screaming the last part. I smirked and replied
"Because I am just so much better than you Jack!"  I replied emphasising the word better. I could here Jack slowly walk away dragging his feet all the way down the hall we just ran down.

After the bathroom incident I got ready for the day, then ran down the stairs to the kitchen to make breakfast. The quicker I got ready the more time I had to go explore. My parents said because it was my birthday yesterday and I am now a 6 year old girl I can go and explore past the normal boundaries.

"Hi Mum, hi Dad!" I said in a joyful tone as I was walking into the kitchen.
"Hi sweetie. Did you sleep good?" My Mum asked.
"Of course I did Mum! You know how much I love my sleep" I stated.

As I was walking from the kitchen, after eating my toast I had for breakfast, I was about to walk out the door when I ran into Jack. I was about to fall on my butt for the second time today but before I did he grabbed me by the hand and spun me around till I was facing my back to him but was at the door!
"What the hell just happened" I whispered but obviously it was loud enough because Jack started laughing at me. I turned around and walked up to Jack and punched him in the shoulder, and well for a girl my age I could pack a punch.
"Ouch! What was that for Ivanna?" Jack asked me.
"Because you were laughing at me" I said dramatically whilst turning around and giving my hair a quick flip over my shoulder and walked out the door.

————————————————————

The pain in my arm has slowly gone away but there is now a bruise which is a purplish, blue colour. It annoys me sometimes when people always ask oh what happened or what did you do? It makes me feel like I can't handle myself which I can clearly do.

I was walking along a lonely, lonesome path when I saw a hooded figure run behind the corner. After I contemplated for a few seconds, curiosity got the better of me and so I went running after a hooded figure like in the horror movies. Which I knew there was a slight chance of me being killed following this figure.

"Wait!!" I called out. "Who are you!?" The figure slowly came to a halt and before I could stop I ran straight into the persons back only then to fall on my butt.
"Ouch" I whispered hoping the person didn't hear me.

Given the situation I was in I just decided to lay on the ground and laugh at my stupidity, because there was no way I was getting out of this alive. For a 6 year old, I am very quick to judge situations like these.

The hooded figure started to laugh and I became extremely confused.
"What's so funny? Oh and just hurry up and kill me already because waiting is torture" I whisper yelled. The hooded figure just came and laid down next to me and now I could tell it was a guy and was much bigger than me.
"I'm not going to kill you Ana . I just wanted to see how you would handle a situation like this" the hooded guy spoke. "Oh and might I add I was not expecting you to do that. Especially how hard you punch, because I swear there is a bruise forming already"
As soon as he said that I knew it was Jack but I had to make sure.
"Jack is that you?" I asked
"Who do you think it is dummy?" Jack laughed.
Ok this was definitely Jack but why did he want to know? But I didn't question it further. So we just laid there staring up at the sky and the early forming stars which were beautiful.