Chapter 13 - Thank You

Third P.O.V.

It has been two hours since Corrin left to get medicine. Jessica had fallen asleep by Kain's side holding his now warm hand. His face had most it's colour back. Kain regained his consciousness and was watching Jess sleep. He smiled softly. Not wanting to move. He didn't want to wake the sleeping angel. The door opened and in came a blue haired boy.

"You're up. I'm surprised." Corrin stated blankly. Kain let out a rough chuckle and coughed deeply. This startled the lion girl and she sprung up. Her eyes widened and soon filled with tears.

"You're alive," her arms flung around his neck as she cried into his shoulder. Corrin had no words for the shock he was in. Kain on the other hand couldn't help but feel really happy.

"Honestly. I didn't think I was going to make it. But it's thanks to both of you," Kain smiled at both of them.

"She only whined." Corrin placed herbs, painkillers and bandages on the bedside table. Kain laughed more softly this time not wanting to cough. The pain it put him in was unreal. Corrin then dug his hand back into his pocket and fished out anti bruising cream.

"Do you hurt yourself?" Kain asked curiously to Corrin.

"Not me her," Corrin jerked his chin in Jess's direction and threw the cream towards her. Jess caught it and stared at it. Kain looked at her curiosity turned to concern.

"Are you okay?"

"So you care more about that girl than me?" Corrin scoffed grinding up the herbs. Kain rolled his eyes.

"Oh you baby."

Kain turned his attention to Jess who pulled her shirt up to reveal her wrist that had a purple hand print around it. Kain growled softly knowing it was Masaomi who had done that.

"I'm fine, I'm more worried about you,"Jess smiled at Kain and it instantly put him at ease.

"I'd hate to ruin this romantic time but I need to redress your wound."

Kain and Jessica moved away from each other as soon as Corrin had said 'romantic.' Jess tended to her wrist and Corrin tended to Kain rubbing the herbs into his wound and dressing it again. Corrin held out some painkillers and a glass of water. Kain nodded his thanks. Corrin took the spare herbs and mortar and went towards the door.

"T-thank you." A smile girly voice blurted out to Corrin. He merely nodded his head in a your welcome manner and left.

"You'll get used it to." Kain broke the silence with a chuckle. Jess turned her head and smiled at him which Kain returned the smile.

"Hey," Jess turned serious which in turn made Kain go stiff. He didn't know what to expect, "what were you going to tell me before...before," Jess couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence so Kain did so for her.

"Before Masaomi stabbed me?"

"Do you still want to know?" Kain confirmed. Jess looked at him.

"Yes."