1.

"Donavon" I called, walking down the hall of the old abandoned building that we just so happened to be staying in

He looked up at me from the torn up couch, with a raised eyebrow

"We gotta go" I whispered causing him to sigh and quickly jump up from the couch.

Let me give you the run down.

We we're currently living in an abandoned apartment building, that we weren't supposed to be in.

People would break in, and steal anything they could any chance that they got, so us getting caught inside is a chance I'll never be willing to take.

"I gotta go on the block today Tash" he ran his hand down his face, causing me to twist my face up

"And what about me" I rolled my neck, placing my hand on my imagination.

"I don't know Tasha, I don't know" he mumbled, standing up placing on his old, and dirty Jordans that were torn open at the bottom

"Here" he threw me my shirt and handed me all of the money out of his pocket.

I counted a total of $150

It would be enough to last us a week or two for food.

He walked past me, pecking my forehead before forcing me to look him in his eyes.

"I love you Tasha, I'm doing what I gotta do for us" he sighed, pecking my lips

"I love you too Donavon, I'm just worried about you" I admitted, not once removing the frown from my face

"That's yo problem, look where we live! Look at how we live" he gestured down his attire.

"Just let me get this money for us, I promise I'm not going nowhere" he lifted his shirt showing his gun.

"You trust me?" He asked causing me to move my head in a up and down motion

"Yes" I lowly mumbled

"How much?" He asked running his tongue over his lips.

"With my life" I spoke in a low, soft voice

"Okay then, show me you trust me. I got us baby" he Pecked my lips once more, grabbing my hand as we quickly walked out of the building.

He walked me to the Care center, where we would go wash up and just chill before assuring me that he got us once more and leaving.

I sat alone in my thoughts, thinking about our situation.

We were living in rags, but as long as I had Donavon it was like us living in riches.

Though we don't have much, we have each other and I'm forever riding for him

This was our regular routine, wake up, him drop me off, me take a shower, he come back and take one and go back home before restarting the whole process.

But on this particular day, everything seemed to go slow

In a irregular movement.

I would think of the worse, but think of the best at the same time.

2 hours of me sitting there, turned into 8 hours.

People would walk past me, giving a sad and sympathetic look leaving me confused

Seeing Donavon run inside, I quickly jumped up, running towards him

Today, his actions were different.

He didn't take a shower, he didn't kiss me, and he didn't ask how my day was

Instead, he grabbed my hand and together we rushed out but this time we didn't go to the place we called home, we went to a hotel.

He pulled the money out of his pocket to pay for a room, once inside I watched as he paced back and forth with his face in his hands.

"Baby, what's wrong" I stood up, placing my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at me, his eyes hung low and red

"Please don't leave me" he nearly begged, dropping down to his knees.

"I'm not babe, what's wrong" I rubbed his back in big comforting circles

"I-i was on the block" he stuttered "and I seen your dad, h-he tried to shoot me, so I killed him first" he explained causing my mouth to drop.

Though my father didn't care for me, he was my father and I loved him like one.

I allowed one tear, one single tear to fall as I stood up helping Donavon onto his feet.

"It's fine baby" I spoke, rubbing his back in circles.

"It's fine" I whispered to myself.

I couldn't be mad, I didn't have my father, Donavon is all I had , and all I've ever had.

My soul, my heart and my rock.

My shoulder to lean on, and the one who I will for sure spend the rest of my life with

"I love you"