confusion

After yours and jack's long talk, he got up and you followed him down the spiral staircase. He sat on the snowmobile and placed you on his lap and drive off to the town hall.

Jack started settings up and you fiddled with your thumbs as you let out a sigh. Jack caught on and smiled down at you"Everything will be alright y/n" he says, gently Patting the top of your head. You nod Smiling as you looked at a small snowglobe. " I love Christmas. Each time my mom would hide mine and my brother's  presents so we had to search for them" you said. Jack didn't pay much attention though, he was to focused on the town coming in.

"Ok! Everyone. I would like to welcome someone new to town! She/he is a bit nervous so great her/him nicely" he says  you stepped up and looked around. There were a lot of Monsters. But it wasn't too long before they bombarded you with questions. Some like 'do you like Halloween?' or 'do you like monsters?'. Jack chuckled at you. "Alright every one, you may all ask her/him some other time. " He says and he looks at you "you may go back to the curtains and sit down" he says gently and you. Nodded as you scurried off.

Listen, everyone: there were objects so peculiar
They were not to be believed
All around, things to tantalize my brain

It's a world unlike anything I've ever seen
And as hard as I try
I can't seem to describe
Like a most improbable dream

But you must believe when I tell you this
It's as real as my skull and it does exist
Here, let me show you.

He sang. Everyone gasped. A look of fasination on their faces and you smiled as you watched through a small hole in the curtains. Jack walked over, the mayor made the light followed him and you quickly ran away from the curtains and so no one could see you and jack pulled opened the curtains revealing the small Christmas tree that had lights and other things as well. Everyone gasped. Intrigued about what it all was.jack then walked over and pulled up a dull coloured present box.

This is a thing called a present
The whole thing starts with a box.

Harlequin demon:
A box?

Devil:
Is it steel?

Werewolf:
Are there locks?

Harleouin demon:
Is it filled with a pox?

Devil, werewolf, harlequin demon:
A pox
How delightful, a pox

Jack sighed. He was awesome at Hollowen and scaring. This was new for him. He had never found or done anything like this before.

If you please
Just a box with bright-colored paper
And the whole thing's topped with a bow!

Witches:
A bow?
But why?
How ugly
What's in it?
What's in it?

That's the point of the thing, not to know

Jack sighs at the witches. They flew around him as the observed it and a large hand of the clown, grabbed the box so he could look at it as well.

Clown:
It's a bat
Will it bend?

Creature under the stairs:
It's a rat
Will it break?

Undersea gal:
Perhaps it s the head that I found in the lake

Your eyes widen a little. You didn't really want to go further into that topic. Jack sighed as he took the box back shaking his head.

Listen now, you don't understand
That's not the point of Christmas land

Now, pay attention
Now we pick up an oversized sock
And hang it like this on the wall

Mr. Hyde:
Oh, yes! Does it still have a foot?

Medium mr. Hyde:
Let me see, let me look

Small mr. Hyde:
Is it rotted and covered with gook?

Jack sighed. Nervousness entering him. He looked behind him at you and you gave him a small smile and a thumbs up. He chuckled and looked back at the crowd.

Hmm, let me explain
There's no foot inside, but there's candy
Or sometimes it's filled with small toys

Mummy and winged demon:
Small toys

Winged demon:
Do they bite?

Mummy:
Do they snap?

Winged demon:
Or explode in a sack?

Corpse kid
Or perhaps they just spring out
And scare girls and boys

Mayor:
What a splendid idea
This Christmas sounds fun
Why, I fully endorse it
Let's try it at once

The small zombie chiled smiled happily as he licked his small legs in joy. The mayor's face switched to a nervous one and he slipped and almost fell and a few bars flew around due to it.

Everyone, please now, not so fast
There's something here that you don't quite grasp

He says. The spotlight finally going back to him as Everyone soon calmed him down. Jack sighed with a small smile "well. I may as well give them what they want" he says looking at you then back to the crowd.

And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last
For the ruler of this Christmas land
Is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice
Least that's what I've come to understand

And I've also heard it told
That he's something to behold
Like a lobster, huge and red
And sets out to slay with his rain gear on
Carting bulging sacks with his big great arms
That is, so I've heard it said

And on a dark, cold night
Under full moonlight
He flies into a fog
Like a vulture in the sky
And they call him Sandy Claws!

Jack finnished his song and Everyone clapped and cheered as he went back and the curtains closed behind him. "You did great!" You say happily, running up to him and he chuckled at you "well, at least they're excited. Although they don't understand the true feeling in Christmas land" he says.  "Oh well" he smiled, picking you up and you shook a snow globe and you and jack, watched the fake snow float to the the bottom.

When jack got to the top of his tower, you were already asleep.  He smiled as layed you in his bed. He tucked you into the blanket and he sat down on his chair, he couldn't get the confusion out of his skull. What exactly is Christmas?

You looked around, black surrounded you. That was until a Christmas tree appears in front of you. You smiled as it spun around. The music box plays softly and you Smiled at it sweetly. But it's soon caught flame and your eyes widen as you look at it sadly. After a few seconds. It was just a burnt stick and it turned to ash and blew away.