Chapter 28

(*Author's POV)

"No way. Mark you..." Jackson paused.

As he looked straight into Mark's eyes he observed the emotions that seem to flash across the elders face. Some saw Jackson as oblivious or playfully blunt but it was clear that those attributes were not needed or used in this case.

Jackson could read the apprehension in Mark's body language. The anxiety that showing in his wavering eyes. This only signaled that the answer to his unspoken question would be indeed shocking to him.

So Jackson held his tongue despite having dozens of words wishing to roll off it. It was simple reasoning; if he asked he'd get some sort of answer. And maybe he'd get an answer he'd expected but that same answer may not be the one he wanted to hear.

It then became even more clear that Mark didn't want to reply to whatever was plaguing Jackson's mind. As before Jackson could even contemplate how to finish his sentence Mark was turning on his side trying to roll off the bed.

"Hey!" Jackson tried to pull back the older who slithered off the bed.

This was indeed not the reaction Jackson had expected from him.

"I have to pee." Mark said quickly as he tried to get off the bed having at least gotten free from Jackson grasp on his arm.

But that didn't go well as Jackson lunged off the bed grabbing onto Mark's pants pulling them down as he too fell off the bed. Ungracefully they fell back together.

Jackson face planted on the rug as Mark followed the direction of his pants that were yanked down not wanting to be further embarrassed.

With Jackson's newly incapacitating position Mark tried to stand up again. Just as quickly though he felt fingers make their presence known under the rim of his underwear.

"Let go." Mark said hoping Jackson would do so feeling hyper-aware of how close the others fingers were to his butt.

"Mark hold on." Jackson denied Mark's release as he finally got on his knees.

Seeing that Jackson was not going to let him go Mark twisted his body trying to tear Jackson's grip from his bottoms. This only reeled the younger closer like some sort of anchor. And in the lessened space, a wrestle ensued.

Feeling close enough Jackson let go of Mark's pants and went to grab his hands. But as he successfully did so Mark's legs came into action planting themselves flat against Jackson's upper chest pushing him.

"Mark come on!" Jackson tried to reason the older out of this unnecessary fight.

"Just let me go." Mark replied feeling embarrassed by his own actions and current position.

"I will but don't run. I just want to talk." Jackson said with earnestness. What on earth caused Mark to be so frightened and alarmed as to want to scramble out of Jackson presence?

"..." Mark didn't respond as he slowly bent his legs back off Jackson's chest moving them to the side twisting his body as Jackson still held his hands.

"...What's with all this struggle?" Jackson asked frowning a bit lessening his hold on Mark's hands; who in which quickly retracted them.

"I'm sorry...let's just go to sleep now yeah?" Mark suggested hoping Jackson would drop the subject seeing how he didn't want to speak more.

"Now hold on Mark. Do you really not want to tell me that much? I thought you said we were going to be honest with each other." Jackson reminded nearing Mark worried he'd dart again.