Chapter 15

When Mario felt the soft sand of the beach, he knew that he was back on N. Sanity Isle. He looked around, seeing that the house was in total dismay. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Crash ran into the house, worried about his sister. But there was no sign of her.

He asked, "Where is she?"

Cortex answered, looking at the sand, "I think Nicholas and Tiny took her along with Nina."

Mario raised an eyebrow and questioned, "Why take her? It doesn't make sense."

Crash shrugged as he stated, "No clue but we've got to save my sister."

Mario added, "And my girlfriend."

Cortex looked at the tracks sadly and whispered, "Oh Nicholas...why did you do it...?"

He held back a few tears, shaking a bit. Out of all of them, Nicholas was the most pure. That's why Cortex thought he could trust Nicholas. Crash placed his hand on Cortex's shoulder, making Cortex look at him. Cortex was still tearing, making Crash sad to see his best friend so sad.

...

Back in the Mushroom Kingdom, Violet was watching Toadsworth and Young Toadsworth making themselves a ball for the baby princesses. Violet smiled sweetly, knowing that things wouldn't stay that way forever. She was in wonder of what had happened to her baby self. Why was she brought to Chicago? Was it because of the same reason Mario and Luigi were? It didn't make any sense. Aku-Aku found her, floating over to her.

He asked, "Are you alright, Violet?"

Violet nodded as she answered, "Yeah, there's just something I have to do."

Aku-Aku perked up at that but before he could ask, she had walked off. Luigi saw her walking off, looking rather puzzled.

Luigi questioned, "Vi? Where are you going?"

Violet turned to him and explained, "There was a reason I wanted to come back here so quickly. I think it is time everyone knew who I was."

Luigi raised an eyebrow as he asked, "What do you mean? Are you planning to take a princess dress and look like an actual princess?"

To that, Violet nodded and headed off to Peach's bedroom. Aku-Aku floated over to him, seeing the concern.

Aku-Aku explained, "She wants to show the kingdom that she is the other princess, I would wager."

Luigi nodded in agreement, smiling proudly. Luigi thought, 'There's my girl.'

...

Violet entered her sister's bedroom and started to look around in the closet. She could've sworn that Peach had every shade of pink. She groaned but that's when she found a secret panel. She pressed on it as it slid opened. Violet gasped as she saw a bunch of princesses dresses, accessories, shoes, and a silver tiara with the jewels of the kingdom in it. Violet couldn't believe her eyes. That's when she saw a note. She took it, reading it.

It was in Peach's handwriting and it read:

"Just in case you returned and I was captured by Bowser, I set aside all of these for you sis. I love you so much, Violet. ~Peach"

Violet smiled wide as she took the one that caught her eye. It was a ballroom dress, very different than Peach's. She quickly changed into the purple dress. It had short sleeves, not puffy like Peach's but rather off of the shoulder. The sapphire was in the middle of it and there were white pearls sown into the bottom of it. She put on the long white gloves that had blue ice patterns on it. She took dark purple flat dress shoes, placing them on her feet. Violet placed the silver tiara on her head, checking herself in the mirror. She almost fainted at the sight. She couldn't help but wonder if she was jumping into something she wasn't ready for.