Chapter 4

The book she started reading wasn't too bad. The book got more interesting as she continued reading it. She couldn't wait to see who she was. Hameeda, Rukkaya or Leena? She got so lost in the the book that she she didn't hear her mom calling her until her mom banged into her room.

"Haba mana! I have been calling you for the past ten minutes. What's wrong with your ears?" Her mom shouted at her.

"I am sorry Mamie," she apologized quickly hiding her phone. But it was too late, her mom had already seen it.

" Waya koh. Kullum 24/7 today's generation are using phone. During our time there were no phones, we spent time with our families and had fun. Wallahi if I see you using your phone again, I will seize it,"

"Mamie I wasn't even chatting, I was reading,"

"Shut up and come downstairs, your aunties are coming and I am going out. Prepare lunch for them and entertain them before I come back,"

Nabeela almost asked her aunties or her brothers' aunties but decided against it at the last minute. After all Mamie did to her, she couldn't ask that question.

Nabeela didn't want to stop reading. She really wanted to see what will happen next. Will Rukkaya Marry Umar or not? But she didn't have a choice. Putting her phone in her pocket, she walked behind Mama. She was on her last step when she saw her dad.

"Ina wuni Baba," she greeted squatting a little bit.

"Sannuki Maryam, How are you?" Baba as usual answered not looking at her straight into the eyes. He was the only one that still called her with her real name, his wife's name.

"Is the admission list still not out?" He asked and she nodded her head. 

"Allah bada sa'a, Allah sa muga alheri," he prayed patting her head. When she looked up to him again, she noticed his eyes getting watery. Her dad got so emotional whenever he talked with Nabeela for she reminded him so much of his wife.

" If only she was here," Nabeela heard her dad muttering when she reached the last step. She turned around and gave him a small smile before she continued walking.

Locking the door with the key, she dashed to the kitchen. Thinking about what to cook took minutes, when she finally decided  on spagetti with meatballs, she started boiling her water. Instead of making the meatballs, she sat on the kitchen stool and continued reading Miss world or Miss Akhirah? She just couldn't resit. She had to see what would happen next.

She was so happy when she saw the heading of the next chapter. They were pictures. She immediately scrolled down. Her picture was the first. It was her most recent picture, the one Hafsa took. She was wearing a black abaya that had colorful stones on the neck and sleeves. She was sitting down in the garden in Hafsa's house, the beautiful green grass and colourful flowers were the background. She had a small smile on her face and there was a little hole on her left cheek, giving way for her dimple.

Under the picture, Sarahss2000, the author of the book wrote 'As I promised, here is the picture of your main character, the very pretty Hameeda. This girl here looks very much like how I imagined Hameeda, the only difference is Hameeda doesn't have dimples.'

She was flattered when she read that. Surprisingly next to the picture were about 16 comments. Each comment she read made her smile.

They were all saying how beautiful  she was or how they now knew how Hameeda looked like. She highlighted the picture to comment on it,  she was typing her own comment when she saw a comment that devastated her.

**

Like how could she? How could Sarahss2000 give him this ugly girlfriend or is it his wife? He specifically asked his cousin, Aisha to tell her friend, the author to make sure his girlfriend is beautiful but they ended up giving him this thing.

He just came back from the reunion and was sitting with his sister in the living room. The reunion wasn't even over yet, but he couldn't stand watching Niimah with another man.  To forget about his ex-girlfriend , he continued reading Miss World or Miss Akhirah even though he didn't like it that much. They were so many grammatical erros and his girlfriend in the book is not comparable to Niimah in beauty even though she wasn't too bad looking. She was a young fair girl with bushy eyebrows and a dimple on her left cheek. She was seated on grass with beautiful flowers surrounding her, wearing a black abaya that had colourful stones around the neck and sleeves.

When he remembered how beautiful Niimah was, he hissed and groaned.

"What's wrong?" his sister, Walida who was seated on the couch opposite him asked.

"First she made me a poor local man that couldn't speak correct english and now she gave me an ugly girlfriend. I don't like that Sarah,"

"What are you talking about? Who is Sarah," his sister raised her eyebrows.

"The author of the book,". When Walida still didn't understand, he started explaining.

"I am one of the casts of a book on wattpad. The character I represent or rather the character that represents me is poor, local, can't  speak correct english and too religious for my liking. And the worst of all, look at the picture of Hameeda, my supposed girlfriend or is it wife? " he passed his phone to Walida hissing again. It seemed like Walida heard only one word because she screamed, " Ya Akeel you know what wattpad is,"

It was when he nodded his head that she started squealing. "Omg!! You are a cast in one of the books in wattpad. Which book is it?"

She collected the phone from her brother, her smile grew wider when she saw the name of the book," Omg!! Miss world or Miss Akhirah, Yaya Akeel are you Danmaula or Uncle Nour? I can't believe it"

He didn't answer her as he was already dialing his cousin's number.

"Do you have the author's phone number or is there anyway I can give the author a piece of my mind?" He asked Aisha.

"Haba Ya Akeel, no greetings no hello. Do you like the book that much," Aisha said from the other end of the line.

"Aisha don't make me angry. Just answer my question,". Walida stared at her brother wondering what was wrong with him. He was never this rude to anyone.

"I can give you her phone number or you can simply just comment." Aisha told him at the same time Walida said, "You can comment, dan kauye kawai,"

He ended the call and turned to his sister."How do I comment?"

"Highlight what you want to comment on or tap the box close to the star button. Let me show you, what do you want to comment on?", she streched her hand to take his phone.

"Look at the girlfriend she gave me. So ugly. Jibe ta kamar wata fulla,"

This time Walida confirmed something was really wrong with her only brother.

" Fulla is really pretty," she muttered waiting for him to reply or argue. It was when she heard nothing that she stood up from her seat and sat next to him.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked one more time.

"Niima broke up with me," He told her and at the same time typed.

'This is not fair, how could you give me this ugly girl as my girlfriend. I am too good for her. Please Sarah kindly change the girl. I can send you pictures of girls if you want. Thank you.'