Examination of how Society Effects People

      A society is the grouping of people who live together in communities with shared traditions, laws and values.

     Society has always been a big topic of debate between philosophers and people in general. Our society is our way of life and unless we live apart from everyone we will have to deal with this society.

      Society is what makes us who we are along with genetics. Genetics to a lesser extent because of the shared genetic values we share with animals. Dogs can feel empathy and sadness, dolphins and chimps can learn the basics of language. Chimps in fact are ninety eight percent genetically identical to humans. So what is left for us? Is it that two percent that holds the human soul? Is it our heightened intelligence? The facts are that all these things make for a shaky argument. So if we still separate ourselves from the unpredictable views of our great philosophers, how do we scientifically explain our humanity? The answers is in society.

   The vikings pillaged, raped, and murdered their fellow humans. The Nazi party attempted a genocide. Is this what we call human? Was it an evil force that made it happen or were they products of a corrupt society?

   A society is like a giant mold and the people the plaster that fills it. While there may be imperfections it's going to make the same general result. Throughout history there have been countless society's with all different ways of living. the perfect society has long been sought, but I don't believe there is one. As humans we are constantly changing, so society must also.

    Society changes with each generation. And whether or not a society is seen as good or bad in others eyes, as long as the people are content then the society is doing it's job.