Chapter 4

"Nick, can we talk?" I spoke softly. 

        "Why so you can go off, fuck my brother, then tell Chris all about it so him and his friends could beat me up more?"He spoke bitterly. Nick got up from his computer desk and stared at me, frozen by the doorway.

        It was silent for a couple of seconds. "So why aren't you outside, having fun?" I asked, laying down on his bed.

        "I'm not that type of person." He said quietly, going back to his desk.

        "Well why not?" I asked. "It's a lot of fun. Just give it a shot." I stood up and walked towards him.

        "It's only fun for you because you get to drink and sleep around without having anyone be bothered by it because you're beautiful." Nick calmly. He stood up and walked passed me, pulling his headphones out of one of his drawers. I didn't know whether to be insulted or not. 

        Without saying a word, I walked out the room and slammed the door behind me. I passed Noelle in the hallway. Following directly behind was Matt. I winked at them both quickly and ran into the kitchen. I grabbed as many bottle of beer I could handle without making it seem like I was struggling. The music was so loud compared to the almost silence in Nick's room. When I got back to his room, he was laying in bed listening to music. I scanned the light green room for any changes. 

        "Miss me?" I said, hoping to be louder than his music. Nothing. This time, I spoke a little louder. "Your hair is cool." 

        "Yeah, I know." Nick said. I smiled and sat cris crossed at the foot of his bed. "I don't want to drink." He said. taking off his headphones.

        "Just this once." I smiled innocently, handing him the bottle. Who could resist my smile?

        Nick took the bottle and spoke in a low melodious voice, "Why are you targeting me? What have I ever done to you?"

        "What are you talking about?" I looked at him, puzzled. 

        "You're popular and have all these friends and you only talk to attractive people and sleep with everyone." Nick said, putting his hand on his wrist. "Why are you suddenly acting nice? Is it out of pity?"

        I dug my nails into my hand, trying not to yell. "I just feel bad for what Chris does to you and I'm thankful for you sticking up for me when you didn't know me." I faked a smile. I won't give up on this kid. 

        "Yeah well that's what a good person would do." He said, digging his thumb into his wrist.

        A knock on the door made me jump and I looked over at Nick who was trying to hold back a laugh. I shoved him playfully and watched him go to the door.

        "Dude you should really come out of your room and enjoy the party. You don't even have to worry about getting home safely because you're already here." A girls voice said. I wanted her to go away but didn't have any words to shoo her. I laid on Nick's bed and coughed. I saw the girl peek through the door. Her and Nick whispered a little then shut his door.

        "Why are you laying in my bed?" Nick asked, turning around. I looked up at him and shrugged with a childlike smile. He sat back down by his computer desk and started typing on some Facebook chat. Next thing I know, he was downing one of the bottles of beer. 

        Confused to as why he started drinking while typing to someone, I quietly walked behind him, looking over his shoulder. I tried to read his conversation but it was in some European language. 

        "I can hear you breathing. You're not as stealthy as you think." Nick said. I jumped slightly at his voice then put myself in his few of sight. "Hand me another bottle." he demanded. Without refusal, I did.

        "Who are you writing to?" I asked, still trying to determine what he was typing.

        "Just a girl from my old town." He said, not breaking away from the computer.

        "Was she your girlfriend?" I asked, going back to the bed.

        Nick scoffed and continued typing. We were both silent for a while and I continued to examine his room. His light green walls were mostly covered by posters of music I've never heard of. His room was fairly need except the small pile of clothes in the corner. He had a rack full of CD's and DVD's. I looked over at the rack and read some of the CD's. More music I've never heard of. 

        I noticed a TV and started searching for a remote. Just then, I heard Nick sniffle. It wasn't a normal sniffle though. It had that slight difference where you can tell he was crying. I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Everything okay?" I asked. He nodded and kept typing. He was typing a long paragraph. I tried to look at his face without seeming creepy. "What language is that?" I was seriously curious.

        He didn't answer and just kept typing. I nudged him softly and kept trying to read what he was typing. "It's Latin." He said softly, voice cracking. I knew he was going to cry if I kept making him talk. He sniffled again and turned off his computer.

        Nick faced me with watery eyes. "She's my friend back where I used to live." he faked a smile and kept drinking. "I was telling her how my week was and that there was an amazingly beautiful girl in my room." 

        I tried to hide my blush but I could feel the heat of my cheeks. Amazingly beautiful? I looked around the room all confused, "Who's this girl?" Nick chuckled and stood up. I did the same.

        "And I told her exactly what I'm going to tell you. We're not going to fuck." Nick smirked.

        I shoved him playfully. "How could anyone resist me?" I gave a serious look but spoke in a playful tone.

        "As much as I'd love to pull you up against me and kiss you, I have my own self control." He said, finishing off the last beer. Nick was fumbling around trying to get to his bed and he hit everything on the way. 

        I was in slight awe. I felt my cheeks burn red. Does this kid only know how to top off a compliment with an insult?

        "Your cheeks are red!" Nick yelled. 

        "Only because it's hot in here." I crossed my arms and turned my back towards him.

        I felt Nick put his hands on my waist and gently kiss my neck. I turned towards him and tried to hide a confused look. Nick kept kissing my neck and soon enough, we were making out on his bed. The door opened but I paid no attention to whomever was standing by it. The door shut almost immediately. After that, Nick whispered in my ear softly,"I'm not going to fuck you." He got up off his bed and fixed his shirt, which had be wrinkled.

        I walked to the door and turned towards him, "What would make you think I want to have sex with you?" I asked.

        A small smirk hit Nick's face and he spoke wit confidence, "You stayed in my room far after I told you to leave. You're the school slut, chances are you'll do anything to get what you want. Even if that means listening to my petty problems."

        "Why did you tell me if you just thought I was only here to sleep with you?" I crossed my arms and cocked an eyebrow. 

        "I'm not that stupid, I do know when I can trust someone and when I can't." He winked. "And you're a trustworthy girl."

        I know I shouldn't have blushed from that but I did. Who did this kid think he was, coming to my school and talking to me as if he was the king? Without saying a word, I walked out of Nick's room.