Chapter23

U N E D I T E D

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? in Allah, then, Let believers put their trust. (Surah Al-Imran)

__

It was a new journey.

Rihab and Safina had no idea what the future held for them.

Rihab was feeling content and sad at the same time whilst Safina had all the emotions jumbled.

Thoughts unsaid.

Emotions unknown.

Feelings unravelled.

Safina mehek felt numb as the car stopped in front of her new destination.

Her home; now.

Fiza who had got down from the another car, rushed towards Safina and helped her with the heavy dress as safina got out of the car.

Rafiya, Iram, Ayaan's mom and other relatives had arrived home before them and they were all waiting for them.

As safina mehek took heavy steps toward the door, All of Rihab's cousin came and started teasing Rihab to enter the house taking Safina in his arms.

Safina looked at Rashiya'a helplessly and Rihab had a smile on his lips.

"Okay!" He said silencing the chorus of all the cousin's and taking few steps, he bridged the gap between him and his bride.

"For now, we shall hold hands!" He declared extending his hand toward her and Safina looked at him blankly.

"Guys, let the bride and the groom come in, you will have all the fun here itself kya?" Iram said as she made her way out and came toward safina.

"Dekhiye(see) bhabi, they are tiring my wife  by making her stand for so long." Rihab teased, Still intertwining Safina's hands.

He silently marvelled at the touch of his wife and how perfectly both their fingers had interwined; made for each other.

"Come in safi!" Iram, the eldest daughter-in-law of Yunus family said and all of them made their way in.

Safina pulled her hand out of Rihab's as soon as she crossed the threshold of the door and gave him a fierce glare before saying salaam to everyone.

"Are you comfortable beta," Rafiya asked and Safina nodded as she sat comfortably on the plush velvet sofa, and took glance of the crowd, because saying guests would be an understatement with all of Rihab's maternal and paternal aunts and uncle's and including their kids, the whole living room was fully packed as the elders introduced themselves to the new bride and all the teenagers chortles could be heard as they planned games to be played with the new bride and groom.

"Moma.." Iram's son Hussain came toward them and sat on Iram's lap and looked at safina in awe.

"Safi aani" Hussain said playing with safina's mehendi and for the first time since she entered the home,  she had a genuine smile on her lips.

"Hussaino, She is your chachi now!" Iram said and Hussain looked confused before nodding..

"Aani.." Hussain extended his arms toward safina and She smiled before taking the kid on her lap and placed a soft kiss on his chubby cheeks.

"He only met you a few times safi, and still he remembers you!"

"That's the charm of my wife bhabi!" Rihab who had just came and sat beside safina said as he ruffled hussain's hair.