Beauty and The Tiger

“I never met someone as impetuous as you!” The tiger growled.

I turned to face him with my hands on my hips and a raised eyebrow. I looked up straight to his eyes.

“I never met someone as uptight as you.” I snapped.

“Uptight?” Jeric laughed with disbelief. “I’m not uptight. I simply care for my loved ones. I don’t expect someone, who is a selfish spoiled brat like you would understand. I bet you miss your perfect old life wherein everything you want was given to you when you want it and how you want it. You could have that life back all you have to do is stop resisting what they want.”

“What the hell, Teng? Let me make this clear to you one last time. I don’t like you and there’s no way I’m going to have a relationship with you!”

“The feeling is mutual.” He informed me.

“Then, what’s with the plan?” I asked with no interest.

“I’m not saying we date each other. I can’t stand you as much as you can’t stand me.”

“So. What are you implying?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and waited patiently.

“All they were asking is give the dating thing a shot right?”

“No way!” I objected.

“Could you let me finish first? I’m saying that let’s pretend that we are dating. Then after some time we’ll act our break up.   In that way we could go back to our normal lives and avoid them for setting us up like this.” Jeric laid out his game plan.

I thought for a moment. That’s not as bad as it sound.

“Fine. On two conditions.”

“What?”

“First, I’m the one who will do the dumping.”

Jeric smirked.

“Second, don’t you dare fall in love with me.”

“You have nothing to worry about.” He announced. “There’s no way I’m going to fall in love with you.”

“It’s a deal then.” I held out my right hand and we had a firm business-like handshake.