1:1

LMA - Chapter One (Part 1)

Luo An Hai didn't expect that one day she would witness her own funeral.

The last thing she remembered was being on a plane to England for business negotiations. If she had succeeded then the majority of shareholders would vote her way, and she would become the CEO of Luo's company.

But she didn't expect the plane crash.

Her last thought was that ten years of hard work fell down the drain. She had endured ten years living at the Luo Mansion, and fought to keep the homewrecker and the homewrecker's son, Han Ting Hua taking Luo's company from her hands.

She couldn't accept the moment her dream was within grasp, her life would end in a plane crash.

A second after the plane crash, she was standing in front of her tombstone.

Her father had aged since the last time she saw him.

She froze.

Unexpectedly her father was sobbing at her funeral. She hadn't called the aged man her father since their estrangement the day he brought home the homewrecker and Han Ting Hua.

She resented her father for marrying her mother for money. Her mother loved her father deeply. But what did her mother receive? Her mother ended up dying of a lonely heart.

Three months after her mother's death, her father had the audacity to marry the homewrecker. She didn't doubt her father would have divorced her mother if her mother didn't cling onto their loveless marriage.

She didn't want her father to live a happy life with the homewrecker and Han Ting Hua if her mother had to live a miserable life of pain because of them.

Even at the funeral the homewrecker was a good actress, but she wasn't fooled by the homewrecker's fake tears.

She hated the three of them. Her father treated Han Ting Hua as if he was her father's biological son. Living at the Luo Mansion, she was the outsider while the three of them were a happy family. She was her father's biological daughter yet he had wanted to give Luo's company to Han Ting Hua.

She scoffed at the young man's indifference. Han Ting Hua didn't need to attend her funeral if he just wanted to gloat at her downfall.

She fisted her hands. She was powerless to do anything to change her fate. What could she do six feet under?

Instinctively she followed the three of them back to the Luo Mansion. It was their home, not her home. Even if the Luo Mansion wasn't her home, it rightfully belonged to her after her mother's death.

The dark empty spacious room at the Luo Mansion was her bedroom. Suddenly someone stepped into her bedroom.

Why did Han Ting Hua enter her bedroom? He couldn't see her while he was stroking the photo of her on the bedside table. Did he want to tear her bedroom apart and renovate it? She waited for him to make his next move, but he only sat on her bed and stared at the photo of her.

He didn't leave her bedroom until sunrise. She didn't understand his odd behavior. But she expected he was plotting to steal everything that belonged to her, including Luo's company.

She didn't expect he would return to her bedroom after work, and that he would sit solemnly on her bed staring at the photo of her again.

She didn't understand why he didn't break everything in her bedroom. Why did he keep everything in her bedroom at the same spots she left them before her plane crash? How could she get answers if he couldn't hear her? All she could do was watch events unfold in front of her eyes.

A year later, on her birthday, Han Ting Hua brought a birthday cake into her bedroom. He stared at the photo of her until the candles waned.

During that year, her confusion and suspicion turned to curiosity and acceptance. She silently watched Han Ting Hua's odd daily routines.

Years later, her father and the homewrecker died. Han Ting Hua was living alone in the Luo Mansion. Why didn't Han Ting Hua get married? She didn't understand why Han Ting Hua turned down all the hot young women who chased after him because of his good looks and status.

For years, Han Ting Han maintained her bedroom in its original condition, and he stared at the photo of her at night. She was frustrated she couldn't understand Han Ting Hua's odd behavior.

The next year, Han Ting Hua adopted an orphaned boy, and raised the orphaned boy like a biological son.

After Han Ting Hua's adoptive son grew up, Han Ting Hua fainted often. She heard Han Ting Hua's doctor say he had lung cancer. Despite the doctor's advice, he didn't undergo lung cancer treatments and his health rapidly deteriorated.

She didn't understand why Han Ting Hua didn't fear death. It was as if he wanted to die sooner.

Her frustrations grew as Han Ting Han's body withered away. What was wrong with him? Why didn't he undergo lung cancer treatments? Why did he skip meals? Why did he sit in her bedroom and stare at the photo of her after every time he fainted?

Finally she witnessed Han Ting Hua's funeral. She ran to his tombstone, and didn't know why her hand instinctively touched tenderly the photo of him on his tombstone.

She remembered Han Ting Hua's last day. He had held the photo of her, his usual solemn lips actually smiled, he whispered 'An Hai' and he died.

'Idiot,' she said and sobbed.

She clutched her chest. Why did her heart hurt immensely when she was dead?