S I X

[ CHAPTER SIX OLD MEMORIES ]

[ FLASHBACK]

ANGELA

❝Dylan, stop trying to look cool- you're not even old enough to buy alcohol.❞ A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips as the sentenced escaped my mouth, my eyes scanning the prices of various wines. His eyes grazed over the bottles, then towards mine, making me suck in a sharp breath.
He turned on the ball of his foot, slowly, letting his fingers slowly trace over the bottles, closing the space between us.
Since Christmas, we decided to play this annoying -but also super tempting- game of chicken.
What happened between us was never unspoken, we just decided to keep the rest of our families out of it.
So now, there's a built tension between us- like the one from in-front of the fireplace.
It's almost a challenge, to see who breaks first and kisses the other.
And as he stepped closer, letting his breath ghost over my lips, I thought maybe maybe he had finally decided to put this behind us and just make out with me.
Of course, once he opened his lips, what left them made me groan in frustration.
❝Are you saying I'm not cool, Angela?❞
My eyes rolled immediately, and my fingers pushed into his chest, making him step away from me.
❝Shut up, ❞ I mumbled, silently cursing him for ruining our moment, even if it was in the middle of targets wine isle.
❝I'm sorry, did I hear you mumble something?❞ He grinned easily, his hair flopping slightly as he tilted his head. My eyes did a double take of his lips, then turned around- walking towards the freezer section.
Lets just keep shopping for this damn New Years party.❞
+
[ PRESENT ]
DYLAN

spraybrat sent you a photo

 dude I'm not trying to be an asshole but get her back or imma steal her My eyes scanned over the picture a few times, gracing her figure and beautiful face

My eyes scanned over the picture a few times, gracing her figure and beautiful face. Slowly, the picture became blurry, and my knuckles turned white as I read sprayberrys message.
Shut the fuck up you're like 13
My thumb hit sent and I hastily locked my phone, dropping it on the bed beside me.
Sprayberry threatening to steal my girl was something I definitely didn't need right as I woke up.
The palms of my hands dig into my eyes, blocking tears from slowly streaming down.
It's not like I wanted to silently cry in my old childhood bedroom, but seeing her picture, and remembering all of the old memories we carried through here, it's hard not to miss her.
The guilt from what I did to her built up in me, and is now being slowly released from my eyes, much to my dismay.