The ability

The day happened like any other.
I was slammed into the brick wall from behind me and I turned. The boy know as Jack was glaring at me and saying "What no smart come back today Rose." I glared at Jack and kicked myself back onto my feet and saw Jacks friends waiting behind him glaring at me threatening. I looked up at Jack and said "What do you want?" He smiled and said "The cash you got for lunch. Hand it over." I sighed and said "Can't Jack don't have any." I saw Jack frown before smiling evilly at me and grabbing the bracelet off my wrist. "Give that back!" I yelled he looked at it and said "I don't think so." He curled it in his fist before I heard a crunch and he dropped it in the ground. I gapped at it before dropping to the ground and grabbing it into my hands. The locket was unharmed but the old leather was snapped and broken. I glared up at him with tears almost in my eyes and gripped it in my hands before saying "Piss off jerk." I felt him grab my hair and shove me against the wall but I was to mad and my body was shaking as I suddenly snapped. I didn't know what happened but suddenly he was flung back into the wall.
His goons surprised ran forward at me before they dropped to the ground clutching there face while wailing in agony. I felt a slash and burning pain in my shoulder before I turned and darted forward before the man fell to the ground and wailed in agony.
I looked around when they were all on the floor wailing in pain and noticed my hands and feet. Three metal spikes were coming out of my hands. One of the long metal spikes was on the under side of my wrists coming we're the major artery would be on each hand. The other two were coming from my wrists on the top of my hand and were side by side. I looked down at my feet and saw metal spikes coming out of my feet between my big toe and second toe.
I grabbed the locket off the ground from were I had dropped it and opened it.Inside was a photo of my Mother,Brother and Father who with myself as a little baby were sitting on the beach. I remembered that day they all left me and said how they would be back. I smiled and gently closed it with a loving smile thinking I would find them someday.
But as I looked around I recognized that the blood on my claws was not just my own from were they had come out and saw many of the guards and Jack had slashed across there face and chest. One unlucky mans shoulder was bleeding badly before I looked up hearing sirens.
I gasped in fear as they had probably gotten a report of a mutant attack. I then took off down the alley but this time took and straight shot towards the woods.
I had heard before that several different foster children had been taken from the system by a group called the Sentinel Services, and were never heard from again. I didn't want that to happen to me. I heard the sirens get closer and I looked down. I saw the metal claws still poking out and tried to relax to pull them back in but they still stayed out and I had no idea what to do to pull them back in. I ran towards the nearest exit and saw I was on the street near the foster home I was staying at. I ran across the street quickly before hearing the honking of horns and yelling of people. As I darted down the alley I found that people who happened to see me were gasping and shrieking in fear. I was running to the only place I new that would help me. At my foster home with my friends that were in the foster system to.
When I had gotten to the fire escape I noticed that the ladder wasn't down and I banged on the pipe laying on the floor. I saw two girls heads pop out of the window, I was watching. They smiled and me but there gaze held curiosity as they lowered the ladder and I climbed up.
As I streaked threw the apartment above the small towns bar looked around nervously. Our foster father could be back any minute from getting more to drink.
Myself knowing what to do packed my clothes in a backpack along with some food,water bottles and a small first aid kit I had taken from the bar downstairs. I saw Ellie and Maddie watching my movements and helping father things.
We all knew the danger of being a mutant. It was worse then being in a dangerous foster home. The mutants were outcasts and hunted while us foster kids are worth about as much and tossed around from one place to another. Ellie gave me some cash she had probably taken from the foster mans safe and a black sweatshirt. I nodded thanks to her before I felt a burn and yelped looking down. Maddie was cleaning my metal spikes,limbs and clothes of the blood as I packed. She had already pulled a knife out of my shoulder that the guys had probably stuck in me but when she turned back to wrap it up so it can stay clean and heal. It was already a pale scare. I didn't know why or how it just happened.
We all heard the thudding of feet come up the stairs and the slow wobble as the foster man was coming drunken up the stairs. I saw Maddie quickly clean the rest of my blades, threw the sweatshirt over me and pushed me out of the window to the fire escape. Ellie handed me the backpack before shutting the window and running.
I smiled slightly up at the window but knew they couldn't see it as I climbed down and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I new they were risking a lot for me and I am very thankful. But as I got the the Main Street I didn't know what to do.
The girls had gotten me to calm down enough to let my feet claws slid back in but I couldn't get my hand ones to slide back into myself. So I stuffed them in my hoodies pocket and threw up my hood. Now one would even notice I was a mutant.
I panicked not knowing what to do so I just continued walking down the street and towards what I knew was the woods.
It didn't take to log before the cops found me. And then Sentinel Services.

As I continued down the alley ways trying to avoid the streets, I listened for sirens. They were present but farther away.
When I did have to cross the street I saw people looking at me crossly and if they happened to see my claws like one guy, they thought it was just a knife and backed away from me quickly.
I was trying to make my way to the forest. It was at the edge of our tiny town and if I got there I would be safe to hide for a while till the town cools back down enough for me to show my face.
But the sirens got closer and closer as I crossed a street and I turned into a alley way to try and hide.
I saw large black trucks with the side of it saying SS. I knew that the people are apart of Sentinel Services who hunted mutants from the trucks.
I hid farther back in the alley as the trucks stopped and men with large guns and black vests stepped out. The man in the lead was very large man with dark skin, no hair, a stone cold emotionless expression and firmly set gun in his arms.
Myself knowing the likely hood of shootings between myself and them happening with a good ending made me take off down the alley like a bat out of hell. I heard the soldiers behind me get into formation before running after me.
There loud boot steps were scaring the hell out of me as I picked up my pace and sprinted around the corner. The faster I moved the faster I ran and when there was only one way out of the alley I darted that way as it was close to the forest.
But when I ran out of the alley I was surprised by a fleet of soldiers pointing guns at me with cold expressions.
I saw the large man that I had seen before and he said "Well, Well, Well. I believe your the mutey that were trying to catch aren't you?"
I glared and pulled out my hands from my pockets before feeling a blazing hot pain in my shoulder and I stumbled backwards.
I looked over at it and noticed the blood dripping down my shoulder from a rip in my shirt but it slowly was drying up before I saw something metal starting to come out of my shoulder. Then I saw it fully. It was a large bullet sliding out of my shoulder wound. I reached up and pulled it out before looking at it before back at my shoulder.
There was know no blood anymore as my skin looked like it was growing back into place. I turned back towards them and they were watching me not moving. I dropped the bullet before saying "Big mistake!"
I rushed forward dogging the bullets as best I could before leaping forward and stabbing a soldier in the sides before leaping off and as I flipped backwards sliced a soldiers face and throat. Before spinning and stabbing into two other men. A pain in my neck made me turn angry as someone clipped a handcuff to my wrist before slamming my head with the but of the gun.
I felt the world start to spin but I took a breath and slammed my head into his and he dropped to the floor as I tried to regain my footing.
Unfortunately I felt the handcuff grip my wrist tighter and men surrounded me as I struggled before I was forced to the ground on my stomach.
I struggled angrily before I felt a slam in the back of my head again and the world dulled slowly as the world got dark and sound started to go softer and softer as I closed my eyes.