Chapter 22 - Days of Intrigue 1

5000 years later.

Since that day,  Mo Yuan and Bai Qian made regular trips to their special place to keep their love alive and the fires burning, while instantly and effortlessly returning to their original places as Master and Disciple when they returned.  For them, it worked and both couldn't have been happier, though occasionally Bai Qian would suddenly appear naked in his bed or on his lap when he was meditating and even sprawled out across his study desk while he was reading through his scrolls, forcing him to not only raise a barrier, but to keep a supply of contraceptive peaches on hand.  

Her temper too was brought under control, though occasionally it would flare out, it never reached the point it did that day, his punishment was firmly implanted in her mind.  And when they did argue, which was often and always started by Bai Qian, she did so respectfully while choosing her choice of words carefully before they left her mouth, though Mo Yuan would hold back the laughter when he caught her on many occasions struggling to keep her temper contained.

And Yao Guangs memory became a thing of the past.  Mo Yuan had talked at great length of their past, how she came to reside on Kunlun, and what happened at the Palace when he had found her missing.  He left nothing out, and between his soft caresses and gentle kisses, he rid her completely of the last jealous seed that had began to take hold, leaving her in no doubt of his love and desire for her and her alone, and nor would she ever feel jealousy to that extent again.

  And with her maids firmly ensconced within Taichen Palace and sworn to secrecy or face instant banishment to the Mortal Realm, the whole sorry affair became nothing more than an unfortunate event that required no more thought or action, not even the Realms Leaders bothered to question her sudden disappearance, it was as if she had never existed.

The ensuing years saw a calm fall about Kunlun Mountain, its Master and his Disciples as each one grew stronger in knowledge, strength and power, though Si Yin continued to outstrip them all in Intellect and Weapons Training, though apart from Die Feng, Zhi Lan was the only other brother that kept him on his toes when it came to sword skills, which saw them going head to head regularly on the practice field.  And sometimes, when Mo Yuan and his seniors were too busy to keep an eye on them, Si Yin and Zhi Lan would escape to Zhe Yans Peach Tree woods to sword fight in the tree tops, creating a magical display of master swordsmanship amid a swirling mass of peach blossom rain, Si Yins favorite past time.

Now with Graduation looming for his Seniors Die Feng, Chang Shan and  Xiang Ru, all Disciples were busy preparing Kunlun Mountain for its first Graduation Ceremony which would see visitors from across the Realms attending.  As the youngest and most junior, Si Yin was given the job of personally caring for his Seniors and that included running missives from Kunlun Mountain to their families and friends who were invited to attend, a job that excited him immensely, as it wasn't often he got to travel away from Kunlun Mountain without one of his three most senior brothers in attendance.  

One invitation saw him visiting the Mortal Realm.  Die Fengs brother had a holiday home there, though this was not known outside of their immediate family, so the visit was to be completed quickly and under strict secrecy.  

With other missives to deliver that were just as important as his one, Si Yin decided to leave it until the following day.  One more day would not make a difference and it would mean he would not tire him out too much.  The Mortal Realm always left him drained after each visit, so he planned for it to be his only errand for the next day.  Though if Si Yin was honest with himself, he was being rather spiteful.  He was still angry with his first seniors treatment of the Mortal woman he had left pregnant, though she was long gone from their world now, but making him wait an extra day wasn't necessary, he wouldn't have lost too much time delivering the missive that day as it took only a mere few seconds to enter and exit at will, meaning any discomfort would be minimal.