The night after

My hands were massaging my head as I groggily woke up.  I shook my head a few times to clear my inevitable brain fog that was a result of my drunken stupor last night. I noticed the warm mattress that was supporting me and I froze internally. 

I was afraid that Nicholas Raven will be next to me. My eyes slowly moved to the left and to the right and I heaved a sigh of relief as realization washed over me that the man-hoe wasn't here.   

The event of what happened yesterday night hit me and I was starting to groan in trepidation. First and foremost, I was stuck in a completely foreign bedroom. Everything seemed strange and eccentric to me. 

This room literally looked like something that belonged to a palace. Thick vintage styled purple curtains with gold borders were draping the tall wood colored windows. A rather tasteful looking cream colored carpet invaded the floor.

 Did I mention about the chandelier hanging right above my head? Everything about this room screamed wealth and a phenomenal eye for aesthetics. My eyebrows knotted into a frown as I scrutinized over and over about yesterday and how I ended up here, all alone.

My blood suddenly turned cold as a nasty idea formed in my head. What if...what if I was abducted by some crazy lunatic goon who wanted to keep me as his kitchen slave? What if a clown kidnapped me...or worst, the absolute worst. What if Nicholas kidnapped me? My head was beginning to spin early in the morning. 

Whatever the circumstances and awful backstory were, I was determined to find a way out of this damn place. No one was going to mess with Talia. I began to rise out of the rather comfortable bed and plopped my feet on the floor. It felt like walking over a carpet made of cotton candy, it felt that fluffy. 

The door was just a little distance away and I tipped ever so softly till I reached the door. I opened the door slowly and nearly had a heart attack to see a wolf roaming around. A black wolf roaming around in the middle of the hallway.

 I shut the door locked and almost jumped back as that wolf's gaze instantaneously landed on mine. It reminded me of a flashback that I rather not remember, those eyes reminded me of something and it brought an involuntary movement of shudders from within.

 I wanted a way out now more than ever. I quickly glanced around the room and ran towards the nearest window I could find. I moved the velvet curtains to the side and the warm sun hit my face. In a bid to escape, I attempted to unlock the window, but try as I might, I realized the windows were locked.

 I cursed my rotten luck as I devised other plans to run away. I was getting more nervous by the minute as sweat puddled on my face like a waterfall.

I turned my head to the left and the sight of a large, heavy looking vase greeted me. Times of desperation leads us to make impulsive measures.

 My survival was in my hands. I instinctively carried the vase and threw it against the steel of a window. My plan came to a major fail as it was the vase that broke into little pieces of glass fragments. 

The window remained as strong as a bull and my heart officially came to a stop when someone suddenly burst through the door.