Chapter Ten

I blink my eyes open slowly, but when I finally peek them open a tiny bit the harsh white light hurts and I quickly shut them again.

Ow, my head is killing me. What the fuck happened? Where am I?

I try to open my eyes again. It hurts, and it makes my head feel worse but I'm succesful this time and after a few blinks I am aware of my surroundings. It seems like I'm in a hospital. 

"Eddie? You're awake?" Aleks said, suddenly coming to life from the corner of the room.

"Yea.. I'm awake what happened?"

"You don't remember?"

I pause for a minute then it rushes back to me. I'm in Puerto Rico because Aleks kidnapped me after he killed the Creatures. I was trying to escape, when several people attacked me and beat me.

"Yea... Yea I remember now. How did I get here?"

"Someone found you on the street..." Aleks says cautiously towards me.

"Oh."

"A maid found me fucking tied to my bed, I don't know where the fuck you are I'm looking everywhere but I find out there is no fucking way you left he airport I fucking talked to everyone there, I don't know where the fuck else to look, you aren't in any popular hotels nowhere near the fucking dock where our bot was, when I randomly decide to look in a hospital and here the fuck you are. Do you know how worried I was? How fucking mad I was you left me like that? I thought we where okay and then you just- Whatever. The doctor said when you woke up we could leave, you've been patched up or whatever. I'll go get the doctor to make sure we are good." 

Shit, Aleks is really pissed. That sort of scares me, honestly. I don't want him to be mad at me, but I suppose he has every right. But even after I get mugged? I could've died he could be a little bit more considerate.

Aleks comes back in a few minutes later with a doctor who looks me over, then says I'm good to go. Apparently I was out for a week and a half, so I've pretty much been healed. He says the headache should go away soon, which is good because it's killing me.

Aleks gives me some regular clothes and I exit to the bathroom and change. I still don't want to go anywhere near Aleks. I love him so much, there is no denying that but some part of me is scared of him, and that part of me wants nothing to do with Aleks. It's really hard to find out which part of me is more important - the part that loves him, or the part that says get the fuck away from him.

When I come back from the bathroom Aleks hurriedly rushed me out, in an angry manner. Did he even care that I could've been killed? Or is it more important to him why I was out in the city in the first place?

We where silent all the way till we got to the boat and we where on our way back to the island, that's when I finally decided to speak up.

"Aleks, please don't be so mad at me."

"You can't tell me not to be mad, you handcuffed me to our fucking bed and ran off. You were supposed to love me and you just fucking do this?"

I pause for a minute then add quietly, "You know why I did that."

Aleks didn't respond as we reached our island he docked the boat. Once he was done with that he then turned and glared at me, "Yes, I fucking killed your friends. When are you going to get over that and stop throwing it in my face?"

"I fucking can't believe you Aleks. Fuck you, I can't just get over that kind of thing. I don't want to. What the hell is wrong with you?" I climb out of the boat and storm off hurriedly to get in the house.

Behind me I hear Aleks yell after me, "You are what's wrong with me, Eddie! Fuck you!"

What happened to the sarcastic Aleks with a sweet hidden side that I used to know? Was that really all an act? Why is he so different now, why is he such a monster? What happened to him?