Prologue

My life slipping through my fingers. Everything I had known is gone with the shooting of my own parents and my past popping up and chasing away my friends.

My name Alexia Lee Blackwood. I am fifteen years old, originally from Duluth, Minnesota in the United States of America. This is the story of how my life changed when I love to London, England to live with my new family. Little did I know what I would be getting myself into, the lifestyle of the rich and spoiled.

Packing up the little things I have didn't take much effort. I had some old clothes, a hair brush, a stuffed pink rabbit, my sketchbook, and my pencil case full of pencils and erasers. Everything was able to fit into a medium sized backpack I could bring on the plane with me.

"Alexia! Hurry up there waiting!" My wretch of a foster mother said. Her long rabbity gray hair was pulled into a messy bun. Her brown eyes stared at me as I made my way down the stairs. Her tall stature intimidated me and made my body shake when fear. No one knew that she would abuse me when I did something wrong, which was everything. At the door stood a middle-aged man in a black suit, with his hair cut short and his eyes hidden by the sunglasses he was wearing. "Hello, Miss Alexia. My name is Leo and I will taking you to London to meet your new family." He had a smile on his face. His proper British accent was strong as he spoke. His breath smelled of peppermint, probably from the gum in his mouth.

I looked at him with my tired eyes. I have Heterocrhomia, which is something that gives a person two different colored eyes. My left eye is a bright crystal blue, while my right eye is a hazel brown. My dark brown hair hung to my lower back in waves. I wore my dark washed skinny jeans with a navy blue and white striped shirt tucked into my pants. My shoes were old, worn-out red converse. I wore a baggy black sweatshirt over my shirt, with the hood up and it hanging to my mid-thighs. Leo guided me to the car in which we were taking to the airport.

It as highly awkward because no one talked. I wasn't in the mood because my entire back hurt from the whipping I got last night from my old foster mom because I didn't eat dinner. So now my bag is covered with scabs and dark bruises.

We made it to the airport and headed to security after getting our tickets. We made it though smoothly and quickly. I had to take out all of my ear piercings out to get through security, which was a pain. I have three ear lobe piercings in both ears, nothing more. I gathered my things, out my backpack on my back and followed after Leo. He looked like a giant compared to my five-foot stature.

"We are behind. We have to hurry to catch our flight." Leo started to jog to our gate, I struggled to keep up with him, but I stayed close enough to him. Our flight was boarding right now and it did send some nervousness through my mind. It would be my first time flying on a plane. We showed our tickets and boarded the plane. I kept my backpack with me and slid it under the seat, like the flight attendant told me to do. I had the window seat and looked out the window quietly.

"Will this be your first time flying on a plane?" Leo asked gently. I looked at him and then down at my hands in my lap. I nodded my head and leaned my head tiredly against the window. Before I knew it, I fell asleep and we had already landed in New York City, New York for our connecting flight to London. We had a thirty minute lay over and we then boarded our last flight. I fell asleep once again, not saying a word to Leo.

Finally, we had landed in London. This. This is the city and country I will be calling my home from now on. Leo guided me to a black car. There was a driver in this car as well. Leo held the door open for me while I hopped in. He shut the door and entered the other side and sat down and buckled up. My weird eyes stared out of the window and looked at all the buildings, and people we passed.

"Does it rain here?" My voice squeaked out. Leo looked at me with surprise and blinked. Her shook his head and cleared his throat,
"W-Well...it basically rains almost everyday!" Leo chuckled at the end and smiled. I gave a small smile and chuckle too. They kept driving and arrived in front of a thick, tall iron gate. The drive talked into a little black box attached to the gate. The gate opened and the care slowly drove in. I looked out the window, my eyes widened with amazement, looking out through the window. There was a huge open grass window, a big willow tree, a picnic area, a huge flower garden and then appeared a huge beautiful brick house. The black car stopped in front of the house and Mr. Leo got out and opened my door for me. I stepped out and put my backpack back onto my back. We both walked up the steps and towards the door.

Mr. Leo opened the door and entered first. I slowly walked towards the door to my new life, home and family.