Again

"I can't get her out of my mind! I don't know why is she  giving me such a hard time!" Neil said banging his fists on my table.

"Careful! Don't put out your anger on my table!" I replied sarcastically, laughing inwardly at his restless face.

"Here I'm talking about this serious matter and all you can think about is your table! Wow! Great!" He said bringing his hands up in air dramatically.

"Okay fine! Tell me the whole thing!"

"Thankyou so much! So when I went to her desk before coming to you, she talked to me like I'm a stranger!"

"You are a stranger to her,Neil!"

"No I'm not. We used to play together. We have spent 10 years together. Damn! How can she forget those beautiful 10 years? I can still remember each and every single memory of that time!"

And at that time, I saw something different in his eyes, something like love, hurt? I couldn't decide.

"Just talk to her about it. I'm sure she remembers you. She is just hiding it!"

"Oh come on! She wouldn't even talk to me directly. She looked at me like she is meeting me for the first time. She could have gave me at least a smile for the sake of our last week's dinner we ate at her place!"

"Maybe she is mad at you because you went without an invitation!" I teased him.

"I hope you pay her well enough that she doesn't have to worry about the food is ate at her place. Hell! I didn't even eat properly there! I was staring at her all the time!" And with that he moved his hand through his hair clearly indicating his nervousness at the choice of his words he just used.

"Staring? I'm impressed, I must say! Mr. Playboy is actually facing a big challenge this time!"

"You know what? Leave. I thought you would help me! But you are more interested in making fun of my situation!"

"I'm sorry Neil! But I can't help it!" I said and a laugh escaped my mouth.

He said 'whatever' under his breath and rolled his eyes.

I could see him getting restless for her. She was the first one who treated him like that. Maybe that's why he is he'll bent on making her fall for him. But recalling his earlier words, I can still remember each and every single memory of that time! I cane help but wonder if she is the perfect girl for him. And if that happens, I will be the happiest for them!

***********

I stood in front of my closet, eyeing every piece of clothing I owned! Again, I couldn't decided what to wear.

This isn't a date Naina! Just wear anything and go!

But the butterflies in my stomach stated otherwise. I wanted to look good. I wanted to look beautiful. Beautiful for him.

And I hated myself for such feeling. After all that he did to me, how could I even think about impressing him. I shouldn't care what will he think of me.

He would love you no matter what dress are you wearing!

After standing there for like 20 minutes, I decided to settle for a grey and yellow off shoulder top with blue denim. I left my hair open and applied mascara and lip gloss. And that just made me look presentable enough.

The horn outside my door made me come out of my room and I opened the main door to find Karan standing outside. He wore a grey t-shirt and blue denims too. His hair were gelled perfectly to one side making him look even more hot.