Chapter 23 - Love Me, Love Me, Say That You Love Me ...

Savannah

The next morning I awoke in Justin’s arms. I tried to break free from his arm around my waist but the more I struggled, the more it tightened. That led me to believe that Justin was awake.

‘Justin,’ I murmured as I struggled against his arms.

‘Just lay here for a while longer,’ he pleaded.

‘Why?’ I asked curiously.

‘I only have a few more days to wake up to you,’ I could hear the sadness in his voice.

‘Would you let me go for a few seconds? I promise I’ll be right back.’

‘Okay,’ he reluctantly let go of me.

I went to the bathroom and then brushed my teeth before returning to bed. As I reached the bed, Justin left and went to the bathroom as well. I chuckled and climbed back under the covers.

A few minutes later, Justin returned and we snuggled under the covers. An annoying piece of my hair kept falling into my eyes. Justin lifted his hand and swept the piece into place.

‘I need to get my hair cut,’ I mumbled.

‘Why do you keep it short?’ he asked curiously.

‘I guess it’s more convenient. I’m a country girl, I don’t have time to style my hair,’ I rolled my eyes.

‘True,’ he chuckled. ‘It suits you,’ he smiled.

I ran my fingers through his hair and he laughed.

‘What are we doing today?’ I asked curiously.

‘’Annah, will you go out on a date with me?’ he grinned.

‘Sure,’ I smiled. ‘What did you have in mind?’

‘I was thinking we could go skating,’ he said uncertainly.

‘That will be great,’ I smiled reassuring him.

‘Would you like to go this afternoon or would you prefer to go tonight?’

‘Aren’t your friends having a barbecue tonight? I thought you’d want to go,’ I asked curiously.

‘I wasn’t sure if you’d want to go,’ he murmured, avoiding eye contact.

‘Justin!’ I scolded. ‘I want you to hang out with your friends. I know you don’t see them very often and you shouldn’t care if I’m a little uncomfortable,’ I rolled my eyes.

‘Tell me, who makes you uncomfortable,’ he ran his hands up and down my spine.

‘It doesn’t matter. We can go ice skating this afternoon and go to the barbecue tonight,’ I kissed his cheek.

‘Are you sure?’ he furrowed his eyebrows. I always loved when he did that. The lines on his forehead were so adorable. I leaned up and kissed his forehead. He looked at me curiously and I couldn’t help but laugh.

‘Sorry, I’ve always wanted to do that,’ I shrugged. ‘Yes I want to go. It will be fine,’ I smiled.

After breakfast, Justin decided to stop over at his dad’s house before we went skating. I didn’t mind, I wanted to see the kids as well. As we entered the house, the kids were already running towards Justin. He bent down and scooped them up in his arms. Once Justin planted a kiss on each of their cheeks, Jaxon began struggling in Justin’s arms.

‘Put me down!’ he said angrily. Justin was confused at his brother’s behavior. ‘I want to hug ‘Annah,’ he frowned and continued squirming. Justin laughed and then put him down. The minute his feet touched the ground, he sprinted towards me. He wrapped his arms around my legs. I chuckled and picked him up. He wrapped his arms around my neck and nuzzled his face in my neck. I smiled and ran my fingers through his blonde hair.