N O T E

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Thank you to everyone that is reading this message. I cannot thank you enough, from the bottom of my heart. [Kisses From Death] is a three-part adventure that has taken most part of my life emotionally. I cannot express how elated I am to be able to share something I have created with the rest of the world, and have them, in turn, enjoy it.

So thank you again for putting up with my late updates. Thank you for not bashing me up for the plot twists and the betrayals, and thank you for your support through everything, whether you're a new reader, old reader, silent reader, or avid commenter.

If you're reading this and the first thing in your head is what the hell is going on is the story already over???!!!!, then i suggest you head on over to my profile. In case you didn't know, there's a prequel for this series titled [Heaven and Hell]. It follows Lucius as well as the four brothers, telling a tale of betrayal and their descent into the beings they are in the main series.

I would also like to take this time to point out some comments (negatively) cause I am a snitch like that. If you don't want to read this part, you are welcome to skip it. I am grateful that you even read this far. There will be a similar partition to the one below to signify the end of the rant.

——— rant ahead———

My friend once told me that "you'll know that you are successful if there are people coming at you". Fame is a double-edged sword. Where there are perks, there will also be downfalls.

One of the comments (or similar topics discussed) in the first book was the similarity of this series to another popular one on Wattpad. I'm sure that all, if not most, of you will know which I am talking about. The worst part of this is that these comments are found in the prologue (one was even in the character aesthetics chapter) where the story hasn't even begun.

Don't get me wrong. Being compared to such a successful series is a compliment. But when such claims of similarities become the main topic of discussion with no backing content other than the main character's friendship with a 'death' character gets irritating and insensitive.

I saw a post on Twitter once that was posted by a fellow writer. This writer implied that no author likes to be constantly compared to another popular series, be it book, movie, or television show and I am here to second that statement.

If the comments had some basis and were in the better half of the book, then I will look into it. I do not condone plagiarism and will never wish it upon any other author. However, asking if [Kisses From Death] would be a 'rip-off' of another book with only the contents of the book's summary to back your guess is honestly, pardon my language, fucking senseless.

This entire series exists (other than Earth, and even that, Riverside Creek is a figment of my imagination as far as I know. Correct me on this if I am wrong cause I'm curious) in a fictional universe. This version of Heaven, Hell, and Paradise is vastly different from the ones in the Bible or Wikipedia or whatever other website. The first book itself took nearly an entire year of development before it was posted onto Wattpad for the first time. To be accused of copying someone else when you have truly put in nothing short of hard work is one of the most, if not the most, hurtful thing in the writing world.

If you are reading this, and you know who you are, I hope you are very satisfied to know that that one single comment made me rethink about the decision of keeping [Kisses From Death] on Wattpad.

I had been keeping this matter in ever since the first book. I do not want to call users out specifically but if you scroll through the comments of the prologue, you will see what I am talking about. No hate, please. My conscience is clear so there is no need for attacking, if you were thinking of doing such a thing. If not, good.

I can go on and on for days about this but I shall not bore you with the explicit details of my anger. If you've read this section, thank you.

——— end of rant ———

There are, of course, plenty of mistakes available in this book. I will be editing and correcting this in due time but for the near future, I do not see the Wattpad nor the Radish Fiction version changing. I will most likely keep the unedited one up here on this website in the case where I publish this series so please excuse my mistakes.

If you guys are ever planning on rereading this series (and I don't blame you if you don't), remember to post a comment saying that you're here. It makes me very happy to see a rereader (cause I still can't believe that there are people who will willingly read this more than once).

——— book promo ———

[Heaven and Hell] is the prequel of this series. It tells the tale of how Lucius started on his quest for revenge, the fall of angels to demons, the beginning of Hell, and the creation of the four (five?) horsemen of the apocalypse.

Heads up, the book is written in third pov, unlike the main series which is written in first pov. I'm just pointing it out in case y'all wonder why the writing style is a little different.

Personally, I recommend reading the book since any future works and edits will reference the events of [Heaven and Hell] for sure. I'm not a professional and honestly, I tend to forget that not everyone knows the timeline of this fictional universe like I do (hence the references).

So go check it out! Maybe you'll even fall in love with Lucius. I know I did (but I'm still team Fabian tbfh. he's my favorite character in this series and now I need to know which is yours. which horseman do you prefer?).

——— end of book promo ———

I guess, to cut this long story short, I love you all very much. Thank you once again for everything that you have given me.

I wish you all nothing short of bliss.

As usual, until next time.

xx aurora

ps: remember to follow me on my social media accounts for the latest updates and sneak peaks!

instagram: twelvewonderingstars (personal: aurorayeo)
twitter: aurorayeo (personal: aurorayyq)