Until Next Time

Shanelle P.O.V.

The day has finally come, tonight I will be leaving Texas for good. I would still come back to visit during breaks, but my new home of Washington D.C. was waiting for me. We had just packed up our car and Mama T's. The twins would be split up into cars, and I would be riding with Jon. Lena and Lay would be staying back with Uncle Lance. During fall break he would fly out with the two of them so they can see the campus and my dorm. After loading up the cars, I headed back in the house to help Kelsey.

She would be getting my room now since it would be empty. Her and Kam were getting too old to share rooms anyways. When I come home to visit I would just share the bed with her.

"This is bittersweet, I'm happy to get my own room but I'm mad of the reason.", she announced.

"I'm happy, we've been sleeping in the same area for 14 years, even before birth. I was getting tired of you", Kam laughs.

"You two will be okay, and it was time for you too to separate. Y'all going into high school and will have different friends now. So that way when they come over you won't have to worry about cramping into one room.", Mama said.

We finished up decorating Kelsey room in about an hour. Then we helped Kamryn.

As parting gifts, I took the two of them out to get stuff to decorate their rooms. Kamryn's room was pink and grey. She found a glitter tapestry and a whole lot of fur pillows and rugs. We bought her a butterfly chair and found lights to make her a vanity. Kelsey's room was turquoise and grey. We painted letters that spelled out her name and put them over her headboard. She had tons of picture frames on the wall full of selfies and pictures of the family with her friends.

My parting gift for the little ones were castle shaped tents that light up and a whole lot of dolls. I also bought all of the girls new clothes since everyone would be starting school soon. Selena was finally starting K4, Layla would be a first grader, and the twins are going to be freshmen. Mama had decided to sign Lena up for the same majorette team that Kels was part of and Layla would be doing ballet. Everybody had something to do after school. Mama's hours at worked changed. She now worked from as soon as the girls left up until they came home.

It was hard to come up with a gift for the woman that gave me life, but Jon helped me figure it out. We both bought our moms a day at the spa, Mama T was going to join them as well. It included pedicures, manicures, facials, full body massages, and whatever else they decided to indulge in. I also wrote Mama a meaningful letter but she couldn't open it until she made it back home from dropping me off. Which is why I gave it to Kam.

As for Zay and Kelise, there wasn't many options. We had all went and got matching tattoos. Well Kelise would get hers after the baby was born. I bought my God son a ton of clothing and I got Zay some supplies since he was going off to hair school in New York to be with his man.

Once everyone's rooms were decorated we retired to the couch to have one more movie night as a family. Jon, his mom, and Lani joined us as well. Alana and Selena were sharing Lena's little fold out couch, Layla was sitting in Uncle Lance's lap and the twins were sprawled out across the floor. Mama T, Ma, and Ms. Elayna had gone to bed not too long ago so they could be well rested for this 22 hour drive. Jon and I shared a couch, I was laying on my back and he was on my stomach. Zay had already left for New York and Kelise was on her way.

"Sister, I sleepy. Can I come lay with you?", Lena looked at me rubbing her eyes.

I looked down to see a half asleep Jon.

"Me too bro bro.", Lana spoke.

"Yea come on girls.", he sat up.

In the matter of minutes, the two of them fell asleep. Kelise had already come and we were now outside talking.