CIPHER

"Vinnie, don't-"

"No. No, definitely not. It's one thing, having this thing- having It snatch kids up from their homes, but it's a whole different ballpark if It fucks with us. Because the others aren't like us. The others haven't been..."

She takes a deep breath. A deep, angry breath that made the others feel like she was breathing in all the intensity, all the rage, that she had been given in the world. That rage, that pure form of anger, was what kept them listening.

"The others haven't been fucked by this thing. They haven't been dealt a hand as shitty as us. They had been cut a break, and we haven't been. And that's why... that's why it's up to us to blow Its fucking brains out."

Vinnie Bailey didn't want to end up like anyone in her family. Her brother was insane, her mother a conversation topic for therapists, and her dad? Well, he was himself. Bad things have happened in Derry because of her family, and bad things were continuing to happen even with her brother locked up. Very bad things.

     Children that Vinnie went to school with were going missing. She's been seeing things, hearing things, and for days at a time forgets what she saw. It never took Vinnie very long to believe the unbelievable, but when she tries to convince a group of seven (who she grows very attached to) that these things are more than they seem, the unbelievable becomes so much more real than she could have wanted.

IMPORTANT WARNING: Story ahead contains major instances, history, and mentions of antisemitism and highlights of racism. this in no way projects any of my beliefs, but is needed to be mentioned before the story starts.