Chapter 3~Taken

I rubbed my swollen, painful eyes. Urgh. Time to go to school. Again. I got ready quickly and dragged my feet out of the house. Ready to face yet another monotonous day.

On the streets, as usual, I wondered what I was ould do with my horribly boring life. Every minute of my life seemed to be planned out for me. Go to elementary school. Go to middle school. Go to high school. Go to college. Go to university. Get a degree. Get a good job. Apparently, all these things would get me a good life.

Apparently. At this rate it didn't seem to be the case for me.

----------

Whether I was too absorbed in my thoughts to care, or I was just plain unlucky, I don't know. But it didn't matter. The point is, I needed help. And I was in great need.

To tell you what exactly happened but not to scare you at the same time, let me put it this way. So basically I was just walking across a random road on my way to school, then this random guy came along and grabbed me by my collar. So there he was, pulling my collar and yelling at me to give him all my money. Being that typical immature kid, my mom, of course, didn't trust me with money, and so I replied "No". I hoped I didn't sound too nervous. As I expected, he threatened to lock me up, kidnap me, kill me and something along the lines. "I seriously don't have any money!" I said, as calmly as possible. But it was pretty obvious that I didn't look calm.

By his looks I knew he was going to take me away. I sighed. Convincing him was my only chance. Taking a deep breath, I looked at him innocently and poured out the truth," Look. I'm a kid. I need to go to elementary school. Go to middle school. Go to high school. Go to college. Go to university. Get a degree. Get a good job. Then I'm supposed to get a good life. So let me go. Please." Suddenly I couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears of agony, loneliness and extreme despair streamed down my cheeks. "Please. Let me go. Please."  

He shook his head. He just dragged me along on the cold, hard ground. I wriggled my wrist. Nope, it wouldn't come free. I yelped for immediate rescue. Nope, suddenly the whole world went deaf. Even though I was bawling like a toddler's first time at daycare, no one listened, or cared.

And, like Alice down the rabbit hole, here I am. Taken.