Chapter 13. Who I am

The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.

-Mohadesa

----------

I WAS WOKE UP BY EVIE the following morning. Mal was in the shower and once she got out Evie and I helped her into the dress Evie designed and I then did her hair while Evie did her make-up. We made sure Mal looked absolutely perfect before we let her leave with the servant that was sent to pick her up. She had to leave early because Ben and she had to ride in the royal carriage. 

Once Mal was out the door after a hug from both Evie and me, Evie and I turned to each other and chuckled at our appearances. We were both still in our pj's and our hair was all over the place. I sat down on my bed and started doing my make up, using a small mirror Evie lent me, while  Evie went to the bathroom to put on her dress. She came out after a few minutes, just as I had put the finishing touches on my make up, and twirled around, showing off her self-made dress.

"E! It's beautiful!" I told her with a smile.

"Wait, till you see yours." She said excitedly and clapped her hands. She went to her closet to get my dress and I gaped when she pulled it out. It was absolutely stunning. The top of the dress had an elegant, golden design that made it look classy, while the skirt of the dress contrasted the top, it looked wild and untamed. I was going to marry that dress.

"Well?" Evie asked impatiently. My chin was still on the floor as I tore my eyes away from the dress and looked at Evie.

"I think I'm in love," I told her honestly and chuckled. She started to smile.

"Really?" She asked hopefully. I nodded and got up from my bed to give her a rare hug. She laughed.

"Something worthy of a Goddess." She smiled as I touched the fabric. "Go try it on!" She urged and pushed the dress into my hands. I, very carefully, did as told, not wanting to ruin it. It fit me perfectly and I smiled when I looked into the mirror. I left the bathroom and Evie gasped when she saw me. 

"How do I look?" I asked, suddenly feeling self-conscience under her gaze. 

"Great." She told me. "But it could be even better." She smiled mischievously and held up a finger that told me to wait. She grabbed something from under her bed and held it behind her back. She revealed her left hand from behind her back but kept her right hand behind her back, not that I really noticed because her left hand held the most amazing boots I had ever seen. They were high-heeled, black ankle boots with spikes covering the heel. They looked badass. I looked from the boots to Evie who smiled and handed me them. I immediately put them on and walked a little on them.

"E-" I started but she stopped me and pulled her right hand from behind her back that revealed a square jewellery box. I shot her a look and she merely smiled.

"Last finishing touch, I promise." She grinned. I carefully took the jewellery box from her and opened it. The box held a small diadem. It was a silvery gold that held a few diamonds, the one in the front had the shape of a tear and was beautifully surrounded and locked in place by the diadem itself. I looked up at Evie.

"I'm not a Princess, you know." I reminded her.

"No, you're better. You're a Goddess and the future ruler of an entire kingdom. You deserve a crown to show for it." She grinned. I beamed at her. She reached for the diadem and delicately placed it on my head. "There. You look absolutely perfect while still looking like yourself." She complimented.