9. Broken bonds (Unconditionally- SH)

WELCOME TO THE MATURE VERSION OF CHAPTER 9 OF SHADOWED HEARTS!

And here's me stating the obvious:

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT +17, FOR MATURE READERS ONLY PLEASE!

PLEASE DO VOTE ON THE CLEAN VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER ON SHADOWED HEARTS. IT WOULD REALLY HELP ME OUT A LOT!  

DO NOT COPY MY WORK.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

Heart!

Suzzanah...

Luna...!

Queen!

Anna...

Luna...

Oh Queen...

Please...

Anna!!

Heart...!

As I found myself weightlessly floating through the abyss of my unconsciousness once again, I could hear several voices calling out to me, worrying about me, begging me to wake up. There were all sorts of cries- some soft, some loud, some worried, some calm, some familiar and some unknown.

But all sincere.

My people...

And although I knew that they were extremely concerned about me, I somehow couldn't feel that concern within me, the way I usually could.

All I could feel was exhaustion.

"They're waiting for you"

The voice that spoke up was familiar and even though I hadn't expected the company, I welcomed it regardless. I kept my eyes closed my mind having grown accustomed to the untimely and unanticipated appearance of the person who was now probably floating right next to me.

She placed her hand on the top of my head, her touch so gentle and warm that had I not known better, I would have never believed that this person next to me was no longer alive.

My eyelids flickered but didn't open, my lips parting slightly as I breathed out, "Emily..."

I felt her stroke my hair, "Don't you want to wake up?" she asked me softly.

I inhaled deeply, feeling too tired to even open my eyes and look at her, "I do but...I feel...so tired...", I replied, barely able to get the words out of my mouth.

"Hmm, I can understand. It's to be expected seeing as you so vehemently rejected all that power that came to you", she said, "And to top it off, you even gave away additional measures of life force. Your existence, at present, is quite bleak"

"That doesn't sound good", I said, feeling my brows knit together in a frown.

"It isn't", she told me frankly, "But it'll be okay"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. Your soul will take some time to recover from what you went through today...but you'll be okay soon", she replied before cupping the side of my face, "You did good, Suzzanah", she told me lovingly, "I'm proud of you. We all are"