Prolouge

Thunder cracked and rain poured through a small neighborhood in Miami. Though many kids could sleep through it, two year old Romeo Harris couldn't.

He sat up in his bed and looked around. He furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed his door was closed and his baby brother Cruz was gone. Mommy and daddy never shut his door.

'Mommy and daddy must be doing something I can't see. Maybe its a present.' the young boy thought. But then he remembered, mommy wasn't there when he went to bed. She had left earlier with friends.

Romeo crawled out of bed and ran into the hallway. He looked both ways, searching for anything that would show him where his daddy was. He smiled when he saw the living room light on.

He slowly started walking that way, freezing when he heard his daddy yelling. He peeked around the corner and saw his dad, sixteen year old Andy Harris, yelling at someone on the phone.

"Carrigan, if she's drunk, bring her home! Why would you even let Evan Michael watch her?! You know hes been wanting to fuck her for years!" Dad yelled.

Romeo walked over and tapped on his leg. "Daddy? I cared."

Andy looked down and picked him up. " Carrigan I gotta go. J-just bring her home." He said and hung up.

Andy turned the light off and headed to his and his girlfriend Kaitlyns bedroom.

Soon, Romeo was fast asleep in his dads arms.

When morning came, Romeo was woken by yelling. He sat up to see his parents yelling at each other. Mommy was putting clothes in a bag. He looked closer and saw it was his clothes.

"Kaitlyn, you are not taking my kid from me!" Andy exclaimed.

Kaitlyn scoffed. "You kick me out, I take my son."

"So your gonna take my world from me? Wow. So mature of you."

Kaitlyn turned and faced him. "You really want me to leave my kid here with a parent who pays no attention to him?"

"I'm the only parent who pays attention to him! Kaitlyn I dropped out of school and got a job so I can support us and them. I spend all day at work, five days a week to keep this roof over our head! I do all of this so you can stay in school and take care of my boy!" He yelled.

Kaitlyn raised her hand and slapped him. Romeos eyes widened. He jumped off the bed and ran to Andy. "Ad mama! No it daddy!"

Kaitlyn sighs and takes Romeo into her arms, only to be met with the fists of the upset toddler. "No! Ut me own! I no ant chu! I ant daddy!"

Andy took Romeo into his arms. Romeo nuzzled his face in his fathers neck as his tears ran.

Andy looked straight into Kaitlyns eyes. "My son stays. You leave."

Kaitlyn scoffed. "At least I know Evan would never do this to me."

With that, Kaitlyn left.

Andy sat on the bed and gently kissed his sons head.

"Its okay big guy. You're okay, everything will be just fine. Daddy will make sure of it."