Chapter 20

Rose's POV:

The clothes that Shadow gave me were so... cute. I assumed if someone were to lend me clothes here they'd be more comfortable than anything... but I mean, this is better than nothing. And it's nice to have something to change into. I've been in these skinny jeans and this t-shirt for weeks. I didn't bring many things to change into, so I assumed every now and then I'd change into another outfit, but I'm pretty sure the people who nabbed me confiscated that. I'm not counting on seeing anything I had packed ever again. But there wasn't anything that important in there. I still have my mom's necklace on me and Natha-... oh my gods. I have Nathan's ring still! Th-that means I still have a weapon on me! Gods... for once in my life I'm starting to feel less defenseless. I admire the ring that has been on my finger ever since... umm... back to the clothes. Shadow gave me some black, ripped skinny jeans, gray sweatpants with these rippled knees, a pair of dark gray, high-rise shorts, a simple black t-shirt, a bright navy blue crop top type shirt that goes off the shoulder, probably to be worn with the high-rise shorts, and another t-shirt with writing in pink on it. It looked like a band t-shirt, but I didn't care much for those details because it looked really comfortable overall. She also gave me an oversized, orange, black, and navy blue hoodie and a pair of black and white, low-top shoes. I was mostly thankful for the hoodie because I've been freezing lately. I'm not quite sure what's going on with me... but I just hope it ends soon. But Will... I really need to talk to him. I didn't mean to yell at him to stay or to just... randomly start talking about how I feel. I didn't want to give him the wrong impression, but I also didn't want to give him the right one. I put so many dark, twisted thoughts out there to Will that have been eating me up inside for who knows how long. I thought I could trust him, but he's the one who's keeping me here. All of these feeling that I have, that I want to have, and that I don't have are all mixing in together to just... to just make me feel like crap. Absolute freaking crap. Maybe I shouldn't have run away in the first place. Not from Ben or my friends. From my life. My mom made me happy and I just left her. What kind of daughter was I? What kind of person was I? I wouldn't even be in the situation that I'm in now if I had just let everything go and went on with my life. I've caused so much damage. Stupid butterfly effect... if that makes any sense. Nothing makes any sense to me anymore. But what does make sense is me talking to Will. He can't give me the silent treatment forever. Just then, Will came in quietly. "Will?" I asked. He looked at me and then down and walked over to his dresser, searching for something. "Will, can we talk? Please?" I asked calmly. He then turned to me.

"About what, Rose? I know, I'm keeping you here prisoner, I'm ruining your life and I'm making you feel like if you just... just ended it you'd be better off. There's nothing I can do, Rose! If I could let you go, I would but I-I can't and that kills me inside! You're way better than this and I... I'm sorry, Rose! I-I'm so sorry!" He said getting choked up. I shook my head and motioned for him to come over to me. He stood there, unsure of himself.

"Come here, Will." He slowly walked over and knelt down. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him close to me. I engulfed him into a hug and he hesitantly wrapped his arms around my waist. To make sure he knew it was alright, I hugged him a little tighter and he finally relaxed a bit. After a little while, we pulled apart. "Will... It's not you that's making me feel this way... I've lost too many people, Will. Everything that made me feel like-like me... it's all gone. I don't feel whole anymore. I shouldn't have even brought it up to you because it's not fair... I didn't think about how my past would affect the way you thought of yourself... don't be sorry, I'm the one that should be sorry." He gave me a sad smile and shook his head.

"Rose, how about we make the conclusion that neither of us should be sorry. Cause obviously you don't think I should be sorry even though you're the one who's my prisoner..." he let out an awkward laugh. "And I don't think you should be sorry because... well like I said." I smiled and nodded.

"Are we alright then?" I asked. He nodded and smiled kindly at me.

"Of course." I pulled him in for one last quick hug and then he got up and started looking in his dresser again. He pulled a chain out of it and put it over his head, letting it hang around his neck. I didn't question it as he headed for the door. "I'll be in the room next door if you need me. I'll hear you if you yell for me, alright?" He said and I nodded in response. "Shadow should be back soon too. And then I'll bring us some lunch." I smiled.

"Sir yes, sir." I gave him a mock salute and then crossed my arms. He smiled, rolling his eyes and then left me alone. About a half an hour later, Shadow came in.

"What's up, Rose?" She greeted me with a smile.

"Just... being bored and alone. How about you?" I replied.

"Well, I'm pretty tired, so I'm here to just keep you company. Oh! And I brought you something too." She explained walking over to my side and pulling up a chair to sit in.

"Oh gods, what is it now? You already brought me all of these clothes! I don't need anything else!... well other than freedom." I laughed earning laughter from her too.

"Gods you sound like Myra."

"You met Myra?" I asked curiously.

"Yep! Oh and she told me to tell you she's doing alright. I brought her those clothes I showed you too."

"Thank you. Did you tell her-"

"Yes I told her how you were doing." She cut me off. I nodded.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Anytime. Okay so back to what I brought you." I rolled my eyes but sat up straighter in anticipation. "It's not much... but I figured you'd want a dress to wear. It's a bit more comfortable to sleep in than shorts and sweatpants." I gave her a questioning look. "Oh don't worry, it's nothing too fancy. Plus, I don't wear dresses and one of my 'friends' gave me it... obviously she doesn't know my style. But I figured, hey maybe you'll take it off my hands!" She smiled and then handed me the dress. It was simple, gray, and long sleeved. I smiled at it and then gave her a look as to say "are you serious?" She smirked and nodded.

"Shadow... thanks. It means more than you could ever know. I've been in these same clothes for weeks. This is like a breath of fresh air." She laughed and threw her hands in the air.

"Hey! What're kidnappers for!?" To that, we both started laughing.

"Hey, Shadow?" I asked after we had calmed down and our conversation had fell into a silence.

"Yeah?"

"Is there a way I could see Myra? Just to make sure she knows I'm really alright." I asked hopefully.

"I don't know, Rose. Can you walk? Will says he has to carry you for going to the bathroom and stuff. I don't think it'd be safe for you." She explained.

"What about if you helped me!? Come on, I really just want to talk to her for a minute, Shadow." She bit her lip in thought, reminding me of Will.

"I'll talk to Will, okay?"

"Ok." I said quickly, watching her.

"Wait, you want me to ask him now?" She said after realizing I was waiting for something.

"Well yeah! He said he was right next door! Please, Shadow!?" I pleaded with her. She was silent for a moment and then nodded her head.

"Fine fine, I'll be right back." I squealed and she covered her ears with a smile. "Gods! Okay, it's not that big of a deal, I'm just asking him a simple question. Don't get your hopes up, he'll probably say no." I nodded and shooed her away. She rolled her eyes and then stepped out of the room, locking the door behind her.