Making You Mine - 2

Character banner by @newsies-

Cassie

I can't believe that our Mother's would come here and pull this stunt. They have known for years that we aren't interested in doing Meet Your Equal, but they signed us up anyway. Looking at the papers I see that I have to pretend that I don't know Callum.

How am I supposed to pretend that I don't know him?

"Mom, when do I need to have these filled out?"

"ASAP, the producers want to get things set up for the show."

Callum sits next to me and he reads the fine print of the contract. "It's impossible." He looks at our Mom's. "I don't want to put on an act for the viewers. Cassie's the most important person in my life and doing this will be a lie."

I place my hand on Callum's shoulder. "I don't want to lie either, but we're already keeping secrets from our fans. They don't know that we're best friends and doing this might bring us closer."

He looks at me. "Or it might push us away, Cassie. You're going to see me with different woman and making out with them."

"I already do that, Callum. It hasn't effected me in anyway."

He shakes his head. "It effects me every god damn day watching you hook up with losers." Callum stands up and he walks away.

Mrs Murphy looks at me. "That's the most I've heard him say to a girl. You better sign that contract and get you're man."

I pick up the pen. "He's not mine. I'm willing to do anything to get him to see that I care for him as well."

Reading the fine print on the documents; I'm happy with what it says and I sign it.

A smile spreads across Mom's face. "I'm looking forward to seeing you on tv with Callum."

I walk out of the condo and head to mine.

***

Looking around the crowd I try to find Callum and I don't see him anywhere. Usually when he comes to the motocross races he's standing in the front row with a baseball cap on with the number 11.

Where's Callum?

The crowd starts to part close to where I'm standing on the starting line. I see a guy wearing a hat with the number 11 on it.

A smile spreads across his face and he waves at me. He mouths 'good luck.'

I climb onto my bike and start the engine. I rev the bike and wait for the gun to go off. Putting down the visor I close my eyes and take some deep breaths as I wait for the start of the race. Opening my eyes in time for the gun to go off I ride away from the starting line with the other guys. I hit the accelerator and go over the first jump.

One of the guy's hits the ground too hard and he comes off his bike in front of me. I quickly move the handle on the bike and avoid hitting him, but the guy behind me isn't as lucky. From the corner of my eye I see him fall down as well. I continue around the track and try to block out what's happening beside and behind me.

A bike zooms pass me; sending dirt in my face. It makes it hard for me to see what's happening in front of me. This is the part that I hate the most about motocross is the dirt that's flings in front of your face when you need to see the track the most.

It's the exact same thing for Callum, but he has to worry about the rain and that's more dangerous for him. I move the bike towards the side where there's less dirt to worry about being in my face. There's two bikes in front of me and they are close to the finish line.

I need to do something that will push me into first place.

When the guys from my club wins they love to rub it in my face and today isn't the day that I need that to happen. I hit the accelerator on the bike and zoom pass the two that were in the lead.

At the finish line I win by an inch followed by one of the guys from my club. Climbing off my bike I walk over to Gunner. "That was close."

Gunner holds his hand out to me. "Per usual, you're a great competitor. Maybe, you should share some of your secrets with me."

A smile spreads across my face. "I could, but then I'll have to kill." I walk over to the fence where my best friend is waiting for me. "Hey! I'm glad that you showed up."

He touches the fence and looks at me. "Did you think that I wasn't going to show?"

"Yes," looking away from him I say. "The way you walked out this morning when our parents told us that they signed us up for Meet Your Equal."

Callum laughs. "I can't believe they would do that to us." He touches my face. "At least I can spend time with you without a guy wanting to dance or buying you a drink."

I'll be the one witnessing him going through more girls like he does at home or whenever he's on the road.

Callum and I rarely spend time at our condos in Los Angeles as we travel all over the world doing what we love.

When the time comes for me to have children, I'll gladly give up this life.

I look into the crowd and see my seventeen year old sister making her way over to us.  "Cassie," Lucy yells as she pushes through the crowd.

A smile spreads across my face as she stops close to me. "Hey, sis. Did you have fun?"

"Yes," she holds a card in her hand. "I was given this card to try out for the same team as you."

"That's great," I hug her. "You're going to be a better motocross rider than me."

"How?"

A smile spreads across my face. "You're opposite to me. You care more about the sport than the boys. For me it's been about the guys. All I've ever wanted was the attention. The fame doesn't bother me."

She laughs. "You still manage to make the guys eat you're dust on the course."

"How about this weekend we go to the farm and I'll teach you new tricks."

"Really?" She jumps up and down. "I miss going there with you."

Grandma and Grandpa own a farm not too far from Vegas and it's been awhile since we've visited them. They made a dirt track for me when I was twelve and they said that it was for me to improve on the course. They also made a race track for Callum and it still gets used today by the local teens.

Grandpa said he wants to keep the streets safe from the kids that enjoy racing and they have an off duty cop and paramedics on hand in case something happens on the course. When the parents of the youths found out they were angry at first, but when they realised that the kids were going to continue racing on the streets they thought that my grandparents way was better. It took one of racers to be paralysed before the community decided that my grandparents property was the best place for them to have it.

Looking at Callum I say. "Do you want to come with us to my Grandparents place?"

"Sure, I miss that place. Are you going to race on Saturday night?"

"Yes, I have to tell Grandpa to put my name down for it. There's always a place reserved for us when we go to Vegas."

***