|| 3 || Dear Stranger

The two girls stood alone in the fateful bathroom, home of very shocking events, apparently. The ambiance of the bathroom was still and silent, even with the sound of scattering feet and fidgeting fingers.

Before Veronica could get a word out, however, (Y/n) began talking. "So, I heard from Martha you couldn't make it to her movie party." A thick, but fleeting silence appeared. "Something come up?"

Veronica sucked in air through her teeth. "Actually, that's what I wanted to talk about."

"Martha's party?"

"No, Martha in general."

At the sound of this, (Y/n) tilted her head unconsciously. "What about Martha?"

Veronica sucked in another sharp breath.

"I'mtheonewhowrotetheletteritwasn'tRamitwasmetheHeathersmademedoit-"

(Y/n) put up her hands. "Slow down, I can't understand you. You wrote what?"

Tense silence filled the room again.

"I wrote Martha's invitation to...the party."

"Party...Ram's homecoming party."

Veronica swept a piece of hair behind her ear. "Yeah."

It wasn't long before (Y/n) smacked Veronica's shoulder.

"Hey, ow! That hur-"

"Why would you do that?! No matter what the mythic bitch says, you don't throw away a hard-earned trust, a long-term friendship for some... lipgloss brigade!"

Veronica sighed slightly. "I, I know. It was stupid, and-"

"Yeah, it was."

"Look, (Y/n), I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. Well, I was, but..."

(Y/n) pushed her hair behind her ear and picked up the fake pass. "Oh, don't worry. I won't tell Martha."

"Wha-why?"

"It would hurt her too much."

With that, (Y/n) swiftly walked out the door.

~~~~~

"Miss (L/n), is Veronica coming?"

"Yeah, she is."

Once she sat down, she took out her notebook and pondered her predicament.

Two of her new friends (well, both of her her new friends, she didn't consider Heather that close yet), we're going to have a very complicated bond from here on out. She couldn't speak for Veronica, but she was sure Martha didn't need this.

(Y/n) wasn't thinking for long, though, as Veronica had just entered the room. She stuck a pass on the teacher's desk and found a seat a couple rows from (Y/n).

Right as the teacher started her lesson, a piece of paper flew into (Y/n)'s face.

(Y/n) groaned and peeled it off of her sweater.

'For once, can't I have a normal class period?'

She unfolded the paper and creased the edges between her fingers. Whatever was on this paper must've been oh so urgent and couldn't possibly wait til after class.

Inspecting the note, she noticed an abundance of frogs littering the sheet. What was it with the Heathers and frogs?

Ignoring the scribbled amphibians, however, (Y/n) read the letter itself.

Dear stranger, (I know I know you but it sounded cool) I'm sorry that I was a dick to Martha today. You don't have to forgive me, but I want to know if you'll go with me to the party?
-Veronica