PROLOGUE

Mahira blushed hard as her mother showed her a photo of a young handsome man, Naadhir Hussain.

'So? What do you think? Should we go ahead and speak to them?' Her mother asked her. She eyed her daughter lovingly. Not meeting her mother's gaze Mahira nodded. Her mother smiled and hugged her.

Mahira' s parents had gotten this alliance from a marriage agency, co-incidentally the young man was known by a distinct cousin of Mahira's father.

'He is an engineer, single child, also settled abroad in Canada. He is well settled and will take good care of Mahira.' Everyone had said.

Mahira's parents were very happy with the alliance. The only thing they needed now to reply to the alliance was Mahira's permission. With her nod, they got that and soon the talks began.

After they were engaged Mahira and Naadhir had a beautiful courtship period of few months, with them going on dates and late-night talks on the phone. With each passing day, Mahira felt excited to marry this man. Naadhir had become "her everything" even before the marriage. She knew she has found the perfect man.

But many times, what one thinks is perfect isn't always perfect. Many times, people find their right at the wrong time.

*************************************************

What is happening to her, Mahira is terribly confused with her new-found feelings. She isn't realizing but she is moving fast towards a forbidden territory.

Mahira isn't that simpleton either, she has gotten a hint where her feelings are leading her.

Could it be love? - of course not.

She is happily married to her husband, Naadhir. They are madly in love and very, very happy.

'Stop lying to yourself, Mahira.' She is startled hearing her inner voice.

Baffled she looked up at her reflection, - 'Madly in love? Happily married? Your married life is pathetic, Mahira. You deserve better than this. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be with Samar.' Her reflection spoke back to her.

Mahira blinked at the reflection which looked back at just as confusedly as she felt.

Samar? He is just her friend. He is the only man who actually befriended her, talks casually to her, encourages her and she likes spending time with him, talk to him.

But is it love?

'No, no, no.' Mahira shook her head and quickly splashed water on her face. After few splashes, she relaxed.

******************************************

'Go Away, Samar. I don't want to see your face.' Mahira yelled at the man standing in front of her.

Samar looked on confusedly, he doesn't understand what wrong he has done to offend her. He had always been cautious with her.

'What have I done, Mahira?' He asked genuinely.

Mahira sighed wiping her tears, her voice soft and quivering as she replied, - 'It's not you, but me.' She said. Samar moved towards her but she took a step back.

'Knowing that I am married...I fell in love with you.' She confessed lowering her head in shame. 

********************************************

Hey, Guys! How was the Prologue? Interesting? Drop in your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*