14

It rolled around. His concert at Madison Square Garden. I was singing the lyrics. He ran off stage smiling. He tried to hug me but I stopped him. "You're all sweaty" Geoff took his guitar and Brian held me in place. Shawn came at me and hugged me. Brian released me. I groaned. "Gross you're so sweaty" he released me.

"You love me" he said and then realized what he said and looked like he was going to freak out or something. I laughed and hugged him.

"What the fuck you didn't want him to hug you because he was sweaty and now you're hugging him?" Brian asked.

"Life's crazy" I said and Shawn kissed me.

"You two finally together?" Matt asked.

"Took 14 years" his mom said. I smiled. But deadass took 14 years. My phone rang. I picked it up and it was my brother.

"What up Alex?"

"Um mom wanted me to tell you that Grandma came to visit from Cuba and that she'd like to see you"

"Abuela is there?"

"Yeah abuelo too?"

"Don't play" there was movement on the other end of the phone. "No es broma mija" i smiled.

"Abuelo. ¿Cómo estás?"

"Quiero ver a mi nieta. ¿Donde estás?"

"Yo estoy en Nueva York."

"¿Porque haya?"

"Visiting."

"Does this have to do with a guy? I thought you had a boyfriend."

"He cheated so we were broken up for a while. Tengo un nuevo novio."

"He cheated let me beat the little cabr-"

"Abuelo it's okay. I put him in the past. He's irrelevant."

"Still gonna beat his ass."

"I'll see you in a bit abuelo. I'm going to head home."

"Okay you better before Alexis takes your car."

"Oh hell nah. Tell him that if he lays a hand on my car the East Oakland in me will be released."

"Then come get your car bitch" my cousin said through the phone.

"Better not touch my car. I mean it Alexis" I said and he hung up.

"It's a car baby what's the big deal?"

"I had that car for as long as I can remember. If was my dads. It's the only thing I have left of him besides this necklace that he gave me. That car means the world to me because he's means the world to me." He realized why I made a big deal of Alexis  touching my car. We headed to the club house I guess and I packed. As well as Shawn's family because they also needed to head back.

"I want to come with you" he said.

"You still have a few finishing touches to put on your album as you told me yesterday" I continued packing.

"Stay another day or two so I can go with you. I  want to see your family"

"Okay. I'll stay another two days" I laid in bed and he went to shower. I was falling asleep when he came and laid next to me I could feel the warmth radiating off his body I laid my head on his chest and got the imitate warmth. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Good night baby girl" his warm lips touched my forehead.

"Good night baby" I fell asleep. The next two days went by and we all headed home after I took a picture of all of them outside the club house. Shawn and i were in the taxi on the way to my moms house. I haven't talked to her since the day I was taken. We got out of the taxi and i walked up to the front door. I inhaled and then exhaled before ringing the door bell. My mom opened the door. I broke down in tears.

"Lia I'm so sorry that i didn't support your choice. I don't want you to think that i think you can't make it in the music business but i know you can. I did want to sound unsupportive of your dreams I just was mad that you dropped out. I'm sorry" she hugged me and cried as well. We both calmed down.

"It was a lot to process. I understand. I know you support me it was just hard for you to understand why I did what I did" 

"Your dad would be proud that you're chasing your dreams" she said. God do I wish I could hear him say that. "Who's this?"

"You don't remember me because I've grown a lot since the last time you saw me. I'm Shawn"

"As in Shawn Mendes? Your best friend, Lia?" I nodded. "You've grown so much. You've been a handsome young man" she said.

"I heard handsome young man what boy is here and do I have to beat his ass?" My abuelo asked. Shawn looked scared. My abuelo walked in. I went to hug him.

"You don't have to beat anyone's ass although I might have to beat Alexis's. Abuelo that's Shawn he's my um" I paused debating if I should say it or not. Shawn wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I'm her boyfriend" he said.

"Why did you hesitate, Lia?" My abuela asked.

"I was debating if I wanted to introduce him as that on the first impression"

"They met me when I was little. So not necessarily first impression" he said.

"Well you were like 4 feet tall. Now you're over 6 feet" my abuelo told him we went into the kitchen where my cousins sat eating.

"Siempre comiendo" I told them.

"Ay shut up not our fault that us Dominicans love the bombass Portuguese food tia makes" Alejandro said.

"Yeah it's low key your moms fault" Alexis said with a stuffed mouth.

"Youre hella nasty don't talk with you mouth full" I said and I heard laughs from Shawn.

"Who's the pale cabr-" Alejandro started my my grandma interrupted him.

"Hey don't say that" she said.

"Why Not abuelo almost said it on the phone with Lia" my abuelo turned to my abuelo giving him her famous death stare that makes you spill the truth instantly.