Chapter 6: The Healing Power of Love

Four months went by as Adrien continued to train with the group and prepare for the attack on the palace. During that time, his relationship with Ladybug had also grown stronger and they had become much closer. Though she still refused to tell him any details about where she lived or the name of her employer, she did share her dreams with him. Ladybug had told him that she loved to bake and sew and that one day hoped to own her own boutique. Adrien had smiled as she talked about the designs she had shown him from her sketchbook. Seeing the light shining in her eyes as she talked had made him happy because he knew these short moments that they shared were probably the only happy moments she got to have. Adrien had decided that if he could make her smile that was reward enough for sneaking out to see her. 

One night as Adrien prepared for bed he walked out on his balcony and saw the familiar green handkerchief tied to a branch. He couldn't help but smile as he slipped on his Chat Noir costume. Ladybug was waiting for him and he wanted to get to her as soon as possible. The moments he got to spend with Ladybug were precious and he didn't want to miss a single one. With that thought in mind, Adrien slipped out of the castle and into the night.

As he made his way into the woods he made sure to grab the handkerchief Ladybug had tied to the branch. This way he could not only give it back to her, but prevent the guards from getting suspicious as well. Adrien knew that the guards were not easily fooled and that anything that was out of place would quickly grab their attention.

Finally, after trekking down the long path through the woods, Adrien finally reached the hideout. As he entered, his eyes immediately landed on Ladybug who was waiting on a nearby log. Ladybug turned and smiled at him as he approached, "It's about time you showed up mon minou." Adrien smiled at the pet name Ladybug had given him. As far as he was concerned, she could call him anything and get away with it. He loved her too much to care about what name she called him. Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close as he sat down. "I came as fast as I could my lady," he whispered in her ear. Ladybug smiled as she rested her back against his chest. Never in her wildest dreams did she expect to fall in love with the stray cat they had let join their group four months ago. Since then, Chat Noir had slowly gained the trust of the team and after taking a vote, they had changed the name of their team to the Miraculous Seven. This meant Chat Noir was officially a part of the group and had proven his loyalty and his worth. This had made both Ladybug and Chat Noir very happy.

Now, as the two lovesick teens cuddled on a log in the woods they couldn't see themselves doing anything else. "I wish we could do this every night," Adrien whispered in her ear. Ladybug smiled at the thought of being with Chat Noir every night. He was the only person who made her truly feel safe and loved. "Me too," she replied. "Maybe after we complete our mission we can be together." This time, it was Adrien who smiled. He had been thinking the same thing. He had spent many nights dreaming of the day when they would reveal their identities and be together. Adrien wanted to marry Ladybug but he knew his father would never allow it. From what she had told him, he had figured out she was from the lower class and his father had made it very clear that he was only to marry a girl of noble status. He knew his only chance at being with Ladybug was if they removed his father from the throne. Adrien rested his cheek on the top of her head as he spoke, "I hope so. I love you more than anyone I have ever met." Ladybug blushed at his response. "I love you too, Chat Noir," she whispered.

It was hard to believe that their love had grown so strong in such a short period of time yet, here they were. They sat together, two teenagers madly in love, who only hoped that fate would allow their relationship to continue to blossom. As the night grew late Adrien and Ladybug knew it was time to say goodbye. So, with one final hug and a kiss good night the two went their separate ways hoping that soon they would share another special night under the stars.