The Kiss of a Princess

Even though my dad is a fearsome king, he will always give time to tell me tales before I go to bed. He once told me the story of a maiden from a kingdom faraway who slept for a thousand years and woke up after she was kissed by a man with a true love’s kiss. He also told me the tale of a lost princess who died from a bite of an
apple, she also was woken by a true love’s kiss. In conclusion, almost every fairy tale ends with a ‘happily ever after’, this always happens after the princess was given a true love’s kiss.

As a princess myself, I always dream of a true love kiss. Gladly the day I’ve been waiting for has arrived, well, he’s not exactly in a form of a handsome prince. But he was a prince nonetheless—he just looks green and stupid.

“so, tell me again, what exactly I supposed to do?” I said onto the ugly green creature, who claiming to be a prince.

“It’s simple, my dear princess,” he croaked, “you shall kiss me, then I became prince”

“that’s nonsense!” I protested, crossing my arm in front of my chest.

“It is very much true,” the creature said, as he jumped into a rock, reaching his arm out toward me, “I was cursed, you see”

“cursed—how?” I whisper carefully, closing distance between us.

“I’m—was—was a prince…then a wicked—wicked lady he put a curse on me!” he crooked angrily, “she said that I shall be a hideous creature, until a kiss of a princess cure me, but its no ordinary kiss, my dear princess.”

My eyes widen in excitement, “is it a true love kiss?”

“yes, princess, you shall love me first, then we may kiss to break the curse…” he said sadly.

“then,” I reach out to him, held him between my finger, he is slimy and slippery, “let’s kiss my prince…” I pouted my lips, but he suddenly crock loudly.

“princess, no!” he cried, “you haven’t love me yet! It is not a true love kiss!”

“nonsense, I love you!” I cried back, shoving my lips to kiss him.

“no, princess,” he said blocking my lips with his tiny finger, “just because you said it, doesn’t mean you mean it!”

I stood quiet, I slowly loosen my grip and put him back on the ground. I fell down, kneeling on the grass ground. My gaze fall to my palm, my eyes full of water, and in no time droplet of water fill my palm.

“my apologize, my princess,” the creature hop toward me, “ for I be the cause of your despair, I mean no harm…”

“it’s not you,” I said quietly, “ it is I who dumb to think ‘I love you’ actually mean, I love you. He said to me often, my parents. But they wed me with prince from an unknown kingdom, just because of his wealth. I do not wish to marry him, I never
even met him…”

“ it is true, princess, your tale?” the creature asked.

“it is very true,” I answer sadly, “I will meet him for the first time as I walk down the aisle as his bride. I see his portrait, he’s rather handsome…”

the creature tilt his head in confusion, “then, what suppose to be the problem?”

“the problem is, my prince,” I looked him straight in the eyes, “if I can kiss you a true love kiss, then me marrying the prince as we meet for the first time will be an easy task.”

“you did not wish to marry me?” the creature ask, his tone is sincere.

“I would love too—since I knew you better than the stranger prince, but I suppose I can’t.” I smiled weakly.

“but we can run away!” the creature hope onto my palm, “we can run to my castle, there I’ll give you shelter, comfort, and love. We can build our own family, having successor who will be the Queens and Kings of the world, you and I will be the greatest ruler the world has ever seen!”

“ you meant it?” I ask him with excitement, he nods. With matters of second, a warm fuzzy feeling release all over my body. I feel comfort and some other things I couldn’t actually compose with words.

“Prince,” I said softly, “may I kiss you now?”

he nodded as I rise him to level my lips, I close my eyes softly. I close our distant slowly but surely, my lips brushed against him tenderly. I feel a spark flare between us, and I feel his lips morph into a lips of a man. Our lips crashed and I knew for certain, it was a true love kiss. I feel my body sinking, I feel my body swept of my feet.

I open my eyes and found two blue beautiful orbs, the creature has turn into a fair prince with blond hair, and rosy lips. He smile at me and nothing is more beautiful than this sight I behold at this very moment.

“my foolish princess,” the handsome prince smirk, “love is a disease, it’s a contagious Armageddon—a death to us all…”

“what?” a crook escape my mouth, “what? Am I—am I?”

“yes, you are,” the prince held the now toad princess in his arm, “my foolish toad princess…”

-------------------

This Story was inspired by
https://my.w.tt/UiNb/nfGzPfCk3H
https://my.w.tt/UiNb/GrKCU4Jk3H