Chapter One: While Youre Away

Okay i've been working on this nonstop since I got such a positive reaction when I asked about a sequel. So here you go. Thank you guys so much!! I am so lucky to have you readers. Much love and I hope you enjoy! XOXO

Sex is commonly mistaken for romance. A man pushes a girl against a wall and boys are taught that that is romance. Sex is easy. You can do it with anyone, even yourself. But romance...is completely different.
Vera learned this the hard way. After dating so many jerks, she thought her marital life would forever be nonexistent.
And then one man walked into her life, and changed everything. She understood that sex and romance were not alike. She knew what sex was. She had known that before. But now that she knows Nestor, she knows romance.
Romance is when he walks into a room and takes her breath away. Romance is when they are dancing and they fit together perfectly. Romance is when she walks next to him down a crowded street, and all of a sudden they find themselves holding hands, and they don't know how that happened. He had shown her love and she would forever be grateful for him.
"Your coffee." he says, handing the mug to her and sitting next to her on the couch.
"Thank you." she says with a smile, her eyes never straying from the script in her hand.
"When do you have to leave?" he asks, glancing down at the script.
"Friday. My flight leaves at noon." she tells him, finally looking up from the paper.
"Friday? That's in like..."
"Three days." she answers for him, setting her coffee and script on the table in front of them before crawling onto his lap.
"How will I survive?" he whispers, nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck. She smiles sadly and strokes his dark, thick hair.
"It'll only be a few months." she tells him. He looks up at her, resting his forehead against hers.
"Why don't I just come with you." he says with a smile.
"You know you can't. You're directing your own stuff. Or else you would be coming with me. No question." she tells him.
"I don't have to direct. I have the rest of my life to direct." he tells her jokingly.
"Come on, Nes." she says seriously. He sighs, shaking his head.
"I'll miss you." he whispers sadly. She kisses his cheek before resting her head on his shoulder.
"I know. I'll miss you too." she says. They sit in silence for a moment before Vera sits up with an evil smirk. She maneuvers herself to straddle him, placing her hands on his chest.
"You have three days left. Spend them wisely, Mr. Carbonell." she tells him. He chuckles and grabs the bottom of her shirt, tugging it up and over her head.
"Yes ma'am."

Friday came all too fast and before either of them knew it, they were standing in the airport, saying goodbye to each other.
"I just...I don't know how to even begin." Nestor says, holding her hand.
"Well what if...maybe we just don't say goodbye." she suggests. He looks at her with confusion.
"I'll see you later." she says, placing a soft but passionate kiss on his lips. She finally pulls away, grabbing her suitcase.
"I'll...i'll see you later." he says with a nod. She turns and begins to walk away.
"V!" he shouts, making her turn back around. He smiles widely before loudly shouting to her.
"I love you, Farmiga!"
She blushes but smiles widely back at him.
"Love you too, Carbs."
And with that, she was gone. The months seemed to drag by, even with Nestor directing different movies and tv shows. It wasn't until Nestor got to meet up with Freddie again that he felt happy.
"Congratulations on the directing gig." Freddie says as soon as they finish embracing.
"I couldn't have done it if you hadn't thrown my name out. Congrats on the acting gig. Went from psycho killer to healing doctor." Nestor says teasingly.
"Yes. Yeah. It was strange. How are you and Vera? Where is she?" Freddie asks, sitting on the couch of his hotel room.
"Well she was in New York for a bit but now she is filming in England." Nestor tells him.
"Oh right. I've seen the previews for her new movie. It looks spectacular." Freddie says with a nod as he crosses his legs.
"Yeah. She's phenomenal. She comes back for a bit next week actually. I only get to see her for a few days though before I fly to Atlanta." Nestor says sadly.
"You guys are, like, playing tag. Can't seem to be in the same place at the same time." Freddie points out.
"Yeah seems that way. It's tough."
"Have you thought about proposing?" Freddie asks.
"Oh i've been thinking about it since season two of Bates. I just can't ever find the right time. We are so busy now that we wouldn't have time to plan a wedding, let alone attend one. And I don't want to overwhelm her." Nestor tells Freddie.
"I wish she were here. I caught up with her a few weeks ago when I was in New York. She wouldn't stop talking about you."
Nestor smiles at the comment and thinks of how much he would give just to hold Vera in his arms or look into her blue eyes.
"We should go for a walk." Freddie says, standing up.
"A walk? Freddie it's like two in the morning and it's snowing." Nestor says, following Freddie into the main room of the hotel to grab their coats.
"Perfect time for a walk then." Freddie says, throwing Nestor's jacket at him. When they step outside, the air hits Nestor like a ton of bricks, making him squint and shiver as white dust falls from the sky and gets caught in his long lashes.
"Jesus." Nestor whispers, shoving his hands in his pockets.
"Where are you going?" he shouts when he realizes Freddie he already taken off down the street.
"Come along!" Freddie shouts back, not stopping. Nestor jogs to catch up to Freddie who is walking quite fast.
"Why did we have to take a walk at two in the morning?" Nestor asks.
"No paparazzi." Freddie tells him.
"Why did we have to take a walk at all?" Nestor asks with frustration. They arrive at a park and Freddie stops. Suddenly, a ball of snow crashes into Nestor's chest, soaking through his shirt which would've been covered if he had zipped up his coat. He looks down with confusion.
"That's why." Freddie says. Nestor looks up at the attacker, only to be met with an all too familiar pair of eyes.
It can't be her. Only there was no doubt that it was most definitely her. He could spot her from a mile away. There was something moon soaked and dawn flavored about her. Something touched by the wild and loved by the lightning. She looks like the sun as it rises after kissing dawn. There was no doubt it was her standing in front of him.
"Vera?" Nestor asks. She throws another snowball at him, hitting him in the leg. He smirks and shakes his head.
"It's on." he says, picking up some snow with his bare hands and compressing it into a ball before running toward her. She squeals and runs away while laughing. The sound was music to his ears and Nestor stopped in his place, letting the sound soak into his bones. It had been too long since he had heard that laugh.
A ball of snow hits the back of his neck and crumples down the back of his shirt, making him jump at the sudden coldness. He turns around and looks at Freddie who is making another ball of snow.
"Now you're ganging up on me." Nestor says with a laugh.
Vera appears next to him, a snowball in her hand, already prepared to launch it at him. But he was faster than her when he grabs her waist and pulls her to his chest, making her gasp.
It had been far too long since he had held her like this.
"I've missed you." he whispers, taking her face into his cold, wet hands. He kisses her with all of the passion that has been building up. She drops her snowball to the ground and grabs his coat, pulling him closer.
"I....missed you." she whispers against his lips between kisses. They reluctantly pull away when Freddie clears his throat. Nestor keeps his arm around Vera's waist, holding her as close to him as humanly possible.
"Freddie, darling. Thank you." Vera says, stepping forward to hug Freddie while Nestor keeps his hold on Vera.
"Of course. I'm glad I got to be a part of this." Freddie says with a smile.
"You were almost late." she points out, going back to Nestor's side and wrapping her arms around his waist.
"I know. I got here as fast as I could without being obvious." Freddie says.
"I can't believe you're here." Nestor says, kissing the top of her head.
"Let's get back to the hotel. It's freezing out here." Freddie says.
"You're forfeiting from the snowball fight?" Nestor asks with an eyebrow raised.
"I'm letting you off the hook." Freddie says with a smirk.
"Letting me off the hook?" Nestor asks.
"Hun, I love you. But we would've whooped that cute little ass of yours." Vera says with a sweet smile before walking toward the hotel with Freddie. Nestor smiles with surprise before jogging to catch up with them, his hand finding hers at some point, though neither of them know how that happened.