Thorned bush

I slowly begin to slow my pace and look behind me. As I silence my movements, I see a man come through the crack of a bushed tree. 

 He looks different then our people, he is dressed more exposed and looks wild. Dirty, and like he has not cared of himself for quite some time. I notice him. If I can see him, can he see me?

My breaths become are heavy, my heart beats outside my chest.  I prepare myself to take form of a mouse. Quiet. Small... I take a step backwards... And begin to crouch. I lower my body to slither the floor like a silent snake. As I bend the knees to crawl off, I feel my feet yanked beneath me. My chin hits the ground.... my mouth fills with blood.... and I feel one tooth crackle off.  

I instantly loose conscious. And stay sleep for who knows how long. 

When I wake I see two men in front of me. Angrily conversating. Speaking a language, I have never known or heard. Many natives share specific languages to their people. These sounds they make are so different than ours. They both notice me awaken and they become silent. 

My immediate reaction is to want to run, but they are both big and tall men. I just stay quiet. They would not understand a thing I say. My demeanor of fear, tears coming out of my eyes changes.... I am now upset. Mad, defensive... 

The ugly one makes a full circle around me, almost as he is evaluating me. As if I were a pig at the market and set at a price he did not want to pay. He completes his circle around my laid out body and spits to the floor near me. Some of it lands on my face and hair. I gasp in anger but also choke... I grasp my mouth to find it full of blood. 

I forget to breathe. My jaw is dropped to my stomach. I return to fear and surprise. 

An older lady emerges and is acquainted by the second man, he seems nicer. He has kind eyes, unlike this other prick. The lady comes down to the floor and strokes my hair. She removes a cloth from that is wrapped around her hair and wipes my face. 

She motions with her hands for me to follow her and hands me hers to pick myself up. I am confused but seconds later, I am picked up. My whole body with him as he walked in the direction of my village. My feet voluntarily go with him. They trail as if they're being dragged but my body follows willingly. 

I hope for the best they must seek refuge. I just know my father will be upset. Everyone who is awake at this early hour are watch outs and elders. Some to be sitting around the crackling fire awoken by the fierce night and winds. Those who surround it are important people. 

Everyone is in bed. With their families, but I. Even pa is home.