movie night

Tobin knocked on the door of the mansion, taking a step back and slipping her hands in the back pockets of her jeans as she waited for a response. She rocked back and forth on her feet, grinning when Christen opened the door.

"Hey."

"Hello, Tobin. I've told you before, there's no need to wait for me to answer."

"Yeah, but I don't wanna just barge in," she responded, following Christen inside. "You could be entertaining."

Christen snorted, shaking her head.

"If I were doing anything of the sort, Sheriff, I would not have invited you to join me on the one evening I am alone."

Christen had complained that she was bored (and lonely) Thursday nights due to the fact that her son played soccer on those evenings. He usually joined his teammates right after school for his practice, and afterwards they got something to eat. He normally didn't return until almost nine o'clock, leaving Christen with nothing to do for the entire evening. At fifteen, Henry didn't want his mothers hanging around his practices, only extending an invitation for them to come if it was a game. When Christen voiced to Tobin that she had nothing to do the nights her son was out with his friends, Tobin had offered to make it their unofficial movie night. They'd been getting together for months now, and Tobin looked forward to the time they spent together.

"Tobin?"

Realising she hadn't yet answered, Tobin shrugged in response.

"Never know."

Christen rolled her eyes, leading the way to the living room. Tobin's eyes stayed glued to the woman's ass as she followed. Christen wore a tight, maroon coloured dress, and the material clung to her like a second skin. Nothing was left to the imagination, and Tobin's throat dried as she drank in the sight of the other woman. She took in as much as she could, reluctantly tearing her eyes away when they reached their destination.

Christen turned around the second they entered the room, biting back a grin as she saw Tobin's eyes immediately leave her backside. Tobin wasn't discreet, but even if Christen hadn't seen her avert her gaze, she had definitely felt the honey eyes boring into her ass the second she'd turned around and led the way to the living room. Tobin's eyes were constantly raking over her body, and it was for that exact reason that she had worn this dress and sashayed her hips as she walked. Christen was hoping that Tobin might make a move tonight because she was getting tired of waiting. She'd been dropping all sorts of hints to the dirty blonde, and even though she seemed interested, Tobin never actually made a move on her. It was confusing to Christen, getting these mixed messages. She often found Tobin's attention on her breasts or her ass, but then when Christen would lean against her, purposefully rub her body along Tobin's, Tobin didn't respond. Physically. Not even a twitch, and Christen was left frustrated and wet, while Tobin seemed completely unaffected.

"Christen?"

Christen immediately snapped out of her thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"I asked if you picked out a movie yet."

"No, not yet."

"Okay. You feeling okay? You seem distracted."

"I'm fine. I simply had a long day."

"Why don't you sit down and I'll grab you a drink?"

Christen smiled in appreciation.

"That would be lovely. Thank you."

Tobin nodded, making her way to the kitchen and grabbing a glass of white wine for Christen and a beer for herself. She then headed back to the living room, frowning when she found the brunette on the couch rather than in 'their' seat.