Prologue

When you get your heart broken by a girl, the next thing you do is swear off of women. That's exactly what I did. I swore never to get involved with a woman except for sex. Look where it got me - I was labelled a player. I was a player, but that was just the surface of it. My heart, even though decidedly sworn off of women, longed for one. Someone to call mine. Someone I could give myself to. Heart, soul and body. Someone who could love me for the man I was and not for the money I made.

But I was a fool. Every girl who took notice of me, was in it for my money. But the attention they gave me, I craved. A pathological need for love stemming from losing my love in an early age made me like this - a guy who chased anything wearing a skirt that looked his way.

Until I met her - Aina Swanson. She was a breath of fresh air. A firecracker. She was not at all shy in expressing her hatred of me, which made me see her with special meaning. She quickly latched on to my heart - with her witty comebacks, and her tendancy to call me on my shit and I found myself quickly falling for her fire and flair. Only that she wasn't. Falling for me, I mean.

*

When I got myself hurt by the wrong guy, I lost two things - my heart and my trust in men. And I swore never to get involved with any guy. No matter what. So when I got myself stuck with the billionaire player Scott Williams, I tried to drive him off by constantly calling him out on his bullshit. To me, it was knowledge that men hated being put off. But to him, it only seemed to draw him in closer. Until I found him too close to me.

I couldn't fall for any guy, let alone him. Falling for him was out of the question. But finding out that he was nothing like what the media painted him to be, I knew I was in deep trouble. I needed to run. I needed to get away from him. I just had to. Only that I couldn't.

I was determined to hate him. He was determined to love me. Our two souls moulded together perfectly. Our hearts seemed to beat to match each other's rhythm. It was a done deal. Only that we had to accept the truth.