01│Eight years later

It was one of those beautiful mornings in Mumbai where it showered enough and one would be greeted with the beautiful fragrance of the mud

It was the first drops of rain. A sign of the beginning of the beautiful season; monsoon.

Aarav sipped his coffee as he stood in the balcony looking at the serene beauty of nature. The skies had cleared up now and the sun was shining in its full glory. If it had been any other day, he would have watched his wife fret over the fact of missing the first rain and enjoying it but today wasn't just some day.

It was the day; their beloved daughter was coming back home. Back to them and there was nothing more he or Shreya could have asked from the Lord.

"Looks like we are having gajar ka halwa after lunch" Aarav remarked walking towards Shreya, who was busy grating carrots and pulled the chair besides her and took a seat.

Shreya smiled and looked at her husband "This" she said pointing at the grated carrot "is for my love and no one is getting to eat it except for her"

He chuckled lightly at her words. Shaking his head, he said "Whoever said that a woman loves her kids more than she could ever love her husband spoke the truth"

She paused and looked up at him "I thought you had established that part, the moment our daughters and son was born"

He chuckled yet again before saying "I did but can you blame me for getting jealous of my own kids?"

She shook her head listening to his words before returning her attention back to her chore.

"You've been awfully busy from past one week" Aarav said after a moment as he placed his coffee mug on the dining table.

"I had to get Alisha's room ready for her so it was pretty stressful" Shreya said.

"You should've told me. I would have helped you" Aarav suggested.

Shreya looked up at Aarav with amusement in her eyes "You do remember that last time you helped me, I had to take double efforts to fix everything"

Aarav laughed remembering the incident. "Do you think she would have changed in the past six years?" he asked softly once his laughter died.

Shreya thought for a moment before answering with a soft smile on her lips "Knowing our daughter, she wouldn't have change but I would be happy to see her as a confident woman now"

"Me too" Aarav whispered with a smile.

Meanwhile, Alisha had finally set her foot in India. As she walked through the crowded airport along with Yash and Aayushi whilst Aanchal and Neil walked ahead of them. She couldn't help but feel a little happy. Even though she was slightly annoyed that she had to leave London but at the same time she felt happy and excited to meet her family.

"Kids! C'mon the cab is here!" Aanchal called out breaking Alisha's reverie.

Alisha, Yash and Aayushi quickly walked outside the airport and handed their luggage to the driver. The driver placed their luggage in the trunk whilst everyone got inside the car before they drove in the direction of Shreya's apartment.