Chapter 1

Chapter 1: *Bose house, lunchtime, 6 weeks after camp trip*

Sonakshi stood up from the dining table and rushed to the bathroom. For the fifth time since she had woken up in the morning, she had thrown up all of the contents of her stomach. She slumped down onto the floor, feeling too weak to move. She soon felt Asha's gentle hands lifting her up and helping her sit on Dadi's shower seat. She carefully helped Sona wash her face and then led her to the bed, helping her lie down.

Asha stroked Sona's head as she murmured, "Shona, I think you should go to the doctor. Even if it's just a stomach virus, you've been throwing up constantly for the last week. It's not healthy for you to continue like this." After getting no response from Sona, she continued, "Accha, tell me what you want to eat. Don't sleep on an empty stomach okay? At least if you'll throw up it will be food and not just acid."

"Can I have a bowl of ice cream please?" Sona mumbled. Asha opened her mouth to object before Sonakshi pouted and continued, "Please Maa? If you'll force me to eat then at least get me something that I'm craving." Asha nodded her head and left the room.

Sona let out a sigh before she rested her head back on the pillow. She wondered what she could have eaten that would lead her to get this sick. She thought back to the last time she had thrown up this much and it was when...

No. Sonakshi's mind screamed. The last time she had gotten this ill was when she was pregnant with Soha, when she had had morning sickness. But how? And when?

She gasped as she remembered the night at the camp, when she and Dev had made love in the hut. No, not "made love", more like "released their sexual tension". Yeah, that's more like it. But would that be the reason why she was throwing up? Was she pregnant?

She soon heard the ringing doorbell and two familiar voices greeting Asha as they walked in. Her mind was too distracted to recognize who it was until the bedroom door opened and Soha ran to the bed. Sona slowly sat up and caressed Soha's head, noticing that Dev was standing at the door. She motioned for him to enter as Soha said "Mama I'm back from school! Dida told me you were still feeling sick so I'll make you my world-famous soup today so you feel better."

Dev raised an eyebrow and asked, "Sonakshi, you're sick? Everything alright?"

Sona began, "Yes it's just..." and then remembered her thoughts from moments earlier. She continued nervously, "actually, I think I've caught a stomach virus. I-I'm sure I'll get better soon."

Dev nodded his head and replied, "Ok, well, be sure to go to the doctor. It's not healthy for you to stay sick." He cleared his throat before continuing, "I should get going now. See you around." Sona nodded and he soon left with Soha trailing behind. She bit her lip nervously and got up from the bed. She quickly changed her clothes and grabbed her phone from the side table. After making a quick appointment with her gynecologist, she rushed out of her room and quickly informed her family that she was going to the doctor's office to find out why she was so sick. She denied having anyone accompany her, as she realized that no one but her and Dev had known about the night in the hut.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sonakshi patiently waited in the gynecologist's office after her checkup. Luckily, her doctor had been Dr. Nidhi Verma, one of her close college friends. She had been the one to help Sona throughout her pregnancy with Soha as she had shifted to Kolkata at around the time that the Bose family had moved, but had luckily returned to Delhi only a few months back.

Sona turned as she heard the door open and Nidhi walked in. She sat down with a smile on her face, ready to convey the results for the blood test.

"Congratulations Sonakshi, you're 6 weeks pregnant!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

A/N: So here's chapter 1! Sona is confirmed to be pregnant, and the father of the child just so happens to be Dev. Or is it?

What will Sona do next? Will she reveal to her family first or the (presumed) father of the child?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

PS: I made a reference to one of my other favorite shows at the end, Dr Nidhi from Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. She'll make some appearances in this fanfiction as Sona's gynecologist :)