Chapter Two - Friend Turned Foe

Steve Harrington wasn't expecting to wake up to Dustin three inches from his face but, he did. He jumped, sitting up quickly, jerking away from the curly headed child, only to find that not only was Dustin standing around his bed but so was Lucas, Will, Eleven, Max and Jonathan.

"What the hell you guys?" Steve asked, rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Spoiler; he wasn't.
"We need your help." Jonathan blurted. Steve was surprised. Jonathan needed his help? Why?
"Uh..why?"

"Mike and Nancy are in trouble and we need to save them."
"In trouble?" Now Steve was intrigued and it made sense to him why Jonathan, and the others needed his help.
"Yeah, we think that they're in the Upside Down." Will blurted without a second thought. Steve gaped at them.
"I thought you-" Steve turned to Eleven, "Closed the gate."
"I did."
"Then how?"
"That's why we need your help. We obviously can't leave them there. Are you in or not?" Dustin asked.
"Well yeah but-" Steve began but Dustin cut him off.
"Great let's go."
"Go where?" Steve asked. Dustin paused and glanced at the others. That was a good question. They kind of needed to have somewhere to go before they could go there.
"Wherever we need too." came the reply. Everyone turned to Jonathan who had placed his hand on top of Eleven's shoulder. El was on the verge of breaking down into tears again and Jonathan clearly wasn't too happy about Nancy being gone.
"Jonathan's right. Mike and Nancy would never give up on any of us if we were missing." Lucas added. No one could argue because they knew it was the truth. The Wheeler siblings were so selfless when it came to the people they cared about, it was only fair that those people return the favor. Now all they had to do was go about figuring out a plan on how to actually get them back.

***

 "Why so surprised? Aren't you happy to see me?" said the voice of Nancy's late best friend. Nancy reached her hand out and grabbed Mike, pulling him closer to her. Her eyes never left Barb.
"You..-this isn't real." was all Nancy could muster. Mike was surprised at the scene happening in front of him, and normally if he wasn't so scared he would have pushed his sister off the second she tried to bring him closer to her but because of the strange setting of the Upside Down, Mike was happy to be close to someone familiar. He pressed even closer to his sister when the Barb took a step towards them.
"Ah, you don't believe it, but you're a smart girl Nancy, surely you will figure it out." Barb grinned. "After all, part of me is also part of you."
Mike glanced behind him only to see that Nancy was as confused as he was. Nancy tightened her grip on her younger brother's shoulders and glanced down at him as well, before looking back up.
"I have no idea what you are talking about." Nancy said.
"You will, don't worry." The Barb laughed and Mike and Nancy looked at each other. Mike's stomach flipped and he realized who this was or use to be. In a second The Barb was five feet in front of him and then in a second she was in between them. Mike felt something push him to the ground, the ground wasn't hard though, it was covered with slime but Mike couldn't get away from it. He figured only someone with true sight could see whatever had pushed him. Mike struggled to stand up but he couldn't as he felt something, it was like a big person stepping on him. Mike tried to push it off but there was nothing there, he tried to scream but nothing came out, he tried to roll, he tried to do anything but he couldn't. He was stuck, unable to move, he felt weak, he started seeing blurry shapes, then nothing. 

***

Once Steve had convinced them that he would help he kicked all of the kids out of his room. Jonathan had been about to leave as well but Steve asked if he could stay. There were some things that had to be said between them. Jonathan was nervous. What could Steve Harrington possibly want to say to him? The kids weren't too happy about having to leave but Mrs. Harrington had called them down to make cookies. After climbing out of bed Steve walked over to his dresser, very aware of the other presence in his room. He wasn't worried about the fact that he was basically naked in front of him either. He began sorting through his drawers trying to think of how he wanted to word what he had to say.
Jonathan stood as close to the wall by the door as he could. He had his arms crossed across his chest, he was biting his bottom lip and staring really hard at the ground. He couldn't even begin to imagine what Steve wanted to say to him.