Caught

Chapter 1

I slammed my locker door shut, and threw the remaining bits of my trash away into one of the large trash bins, as were several placed throughout the hallway. I sighed in relief. Summer vacation here we come. I adjusted my bag as I walked forward, every so often turning my body sideways to make room for someone.

"Ally!" I tuned around and squinted. "Allyyyyy!" I chucked, as I watched Mia sprint awkwardly, creating spirals because of the amount of people in the hallway.

I crossed my arms,"Do I know you?"

She fake-grimaced." Ha.Ha."

I laughed, letting go of the act and we started walking together. "When do we go?" Her voice full of childish excitement.

"You have to go home first and get your stuff, talk to your parents and stuff like that. Then we'll pick you up." Mia was coming with my family and I to Oceanesq. I know, weird name, but who could blame our ancient ancestors? The name basically explains the place, it's on an island, but there's no Palm trees I as you would expect. Stores are placed on a long stretch, and it's a cute little town,and perfect for vacationing.

Mia and I broke off, and we went our separate ways home.

~~~

"Mom! Everything's packed!" I yelled from our car. Mom appeared from the door, looking frazzled from all the commotion.

"Alright, sweetie. We'll be right out." As if on cue, she came out with, followed by my younger sister Sophie, and my dad, carrying a cooler for the car. As usual, Sophie was squabbling into her cell phone. Thirteen Year olds..

We scrambled into the car, and headed off to Mia's house. She got in with her bags, and we headed to Oceanesq.

Mia looked at Sophie. "Who you textin' Soph'?"

Sophie barley looked up. "My boyfriend." She clipped.

I rolled my eyes, followed my Mia's raised eyebrows, and my parents astonishment.

"Y-you have a boyfriend?" My mom asked, her voice full of uncertainty.

Sophia nodded."Yeah, we've even kissed."

My dad chocked on the water he was drinking, "WHAT?"

Sophia snorted."You guys are too gullible."