CHAPTER IV

So sorry this took so long to update. I won't bore you with excuses cause you guys came for the next chapter so, without further ado, Chapter 4!

Time skip a few months into the school year Melisa's POV

Classes had ended for the day. Me and Y/N were walking home with our friends Azure Pouli and Jasmine Nicole. Azure was a faunus, a vulture to be exact. He has short, blue hair in a sort of spiked swoosh in the front, tanned skin, a light dusting of freckles across his nose, wears an eye patch over his left eye, and has wings. He wears a simple faded blue button up shirt with a brown sleeveless vest over it. Jasmine is a redhead. Her ginger locks flow to the base of her shoulder blades with slight curls in it. She wears two hairpins crossed over one another on the left side of her head, one black; one green, pale skin, freckles and beautiful blue eyes. She wears a green shirt with a black undershirt and a black choker.

Azure:"Jeez Mr. Andrews' class is bogus. Is weapon construction necessary when we already have weapons?"

I looked at the winged boy in irritation. " We have that class for the ones who have yet to forge a weapon. That and you need to know how to do proper maintenance as well as what to take into account when considering upgrades or improvements."

Y/N:"Besides, he ain't a bad teacher. Although he does have some rather...odd tendencies."

Jasmine:"That's putting it nicely. What I wanna know is why, when he approaches a door, he has to knock and say the name of the person he wishes to speak to three times?"

All I could do is shrug. "Maybe that's how he always has been?" We continued on our walk until we reached a fork in the road. Me and Y/N turned to our friends and waved goodbye before taking the right path while the remaining two took the left. We walked in a comfortable silence until we were able to see Y/N's home in the distance.

Y/N:*sigh* "If only my family could see me now...I hope they're proud."

I looked at him for a minute. "Where'd that come from Y/N?"

Y/N:"Well, I was just thinking about all that I've accomplished since the accident. That and the people I've met and just thought 'Would I even be here if that hadn't happened?'"

I took his hand in mine and felt a blush begin to form on my cheeks but I didn't care. "Y/N, I believe that they would be so proud of you. I know Terry and I are." I saw what looked like a tear in his eye. He's never cried before, not in front of me at least. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. He then pulled me in and gave me a hug. I didn't hesitate in returning the gesture. Moments later, we finally released one another and made our way to the Thurm house.

Terry's POV

I was sitting in the living room, having a cold one, when I heard the familiar voice call out.

Y/N:"We're home!"

Terry:"In here!"

I watched as the two walked into the room. My eyes were immediately drawn to the locked hands. A smile spread across my face. "I see you two finally got together." Y/N seemed rather confused.

Y/N:"What're you talking about dad?"

I just pointed at their hands. They each looked down and a visible scarlet ignited their faces. The two quickly relinquished the hold they had on one another before looking away in embarrassment. "Aww, how sweet."

Y/N:"Sh-Shut up dad!"

Melisa just continued to avert her eyes. I know she likes my son, it's just a matter of when it comes out and when Y/N notices.

Melisa:"We should p-probably get s-started on our homework."

Y/N looked to the blonde next to him. "You're right. C'mon, let's go to my room." He grabbed her hand and dragged her to his room, her face getting redder with each step he took.

Terry:"Homework better be all that you do! I don't wanna hear any strange noises now!"

"SHUT UP DAD!" My son called out before slamming the door. I let out a slight chuckle before turning back to the TV. It showed a man standing in front of what seemed to be a prison.

News Reporter:"Thank you, Walter. Tech genius Arthur Watts, who was imprisoned here, at Smite's Island Prison, for hacking the Atlas mainframe, has escaped. He was last seen with a young, black haired female in a red dress. Authorities have been unable to identify the individual who aided in Watts' escape. Authorities pursued the two to the docks where they noticed her clothes light up when she formed weapons of what appeared to be glass. She held them off until a submarine emerged from the water and both boarded the vessel. If you have any information on either of these individuals, we urge you to contact local authorities immediately. Back to you Walter."

'Arthur Watts...he didn't just hack the mainframe, he took control of an entire battalion of Atlesian Knights. If he's free, nothing good can come of it.'(I know, kinda stealing from the series) I looked at the clock and it read 4:36. I downed the rest of my beer before making my way to my office.

Melisa's POV

We had managed to knock out our readings and report rather quickly. Y/N flopped backwards onto the floor as he stretched his aching fingers by clenching and unclenching his fist. "You ok?" I asked.

Y/N:"Yeah. Just kinda tired."

I moved closer to him, "You been sleeping ok?"

Y/N:"I've been sleeping fine, I've just been thinking of things."

Melisa:"Like?"

"My family...more specifically, that night." I saw a dark shadow cross his face.

Melisa:"...You wanna talk about it? It's ok if you don't, I jus-"

Y/N:"Sure."

I was rather stunned. Every other time I've asked about it or brought up talking about it, he changes the subject. 'This must really be weighing on him.' I thought. Then he began to speak.

Yes guys, I'm back. School just let out for Christmas break so maybe I can get some work done. We can hope right? Seriously though, I'll try to get these out as soon as I can. And two things.

1st: I want some ideas as to what the disaster that killed your family should be. Leave a comment if you have any ideas.

2nd: I have a book of oneshots that I'm starting. If you haven't checked it out yet please do(yes, self-advertising lol) and if you have a request for a oneshot please let me know. BUT NO LEMONS....yet at least. Thank you for your patience and as always

Stay savage y'all