Chapter 1

Earth, 1988

You jump out of your bedroom window, ran over to the garage to grab your bike and peddled away from your home to head over to the hospital.

You look towards the window to see your dad passed out on his chair, probably drunk once again. Your dad didn't used to be a drunk, from what your grandma told you he was a good guy. He was loving, thoughtful man and he always loved life. That is until your mother died from childbirth once she gave birth to you.

Ever since then, your father began to drink and he always blamed you for your mother's death. You hated it there, that's why you always hung out with your friend, Peter Quill, and his mother.

Ms Quill was always so cool, she always cooked awesome food and she always took you and Peter out on cool trips, like going to zoo or to the town fair or camping.

That is until she got sick. 

At school earlier, Peter told you she was at the hospital and his family didn't think she was gonna last long. So you decided you were gonna go over to the hospital to be there for your best friend.

Once you make it to the hospital your run towards the doors, which opened for you automatically. Once inside, you see a few adults sitting out in the waiting room but your sight set on Peter, who was sitting in a chair with his walkman on his lap and headphones on his head. You walk up to him as he looks up from his lap and sees you.

He gives you a small smile and stands up from his chair as you go over and give him a hug. "I'm so sorry, Pete." You whispered to him as you two pull back from the hug. He doesn't say anything but nods at you. You noticed that he had a bruise around his eye. But before you could ask about it, you heard a voice call out.

"Peter, your mama wants to speak with you." His grandfather said as he walks up to Peter and places his hand on his shoulder.

He looks over to see you and smiles. "Hello, (y/n)." You nod at him in response. Peter's Grandfather looks down at Peter, who has a look of fear and sadness on his face, and said. "Come on, Pete." Peter looks up at his grandpa then at you asked. "Can she come with me?" His grandpa looks at you then back at Peter and nods at him. 

The three of you make your way to the back as Peter's Grandfather gripes at him about the headphones. "Take these fool things off." He grumbles as he pulls the headphones off of Peter's head.

All three of you walk in the room and see Peter's mother laying in the bed, she look like a skeleton with skin and no hair on her head. You noticed that she looked very tired but even though she looked that way, she was still able to smile at you three.

"(y/n)! What a pleasant surprise!" She said, weakly.

"Hello, Ms Quill." You said as tears fall down your face.

Meredith looks over at Peter and notices the bruise on his face. "Why have you been fighting with the other boys again, baby?" She asked him. Peter shrugs his shoulders. 

"Peter?" She asked.

"They killed a little frog that ain't done nothin'. Smushed it with a stick." He replied.

Meredith gives a small smile to her son and said. "You're so like your daddy, you even look like him. And he was an angel, composed of pure light..." Then Meredith's eyes closes for a moment.

"Mer? You got a present for Peter, don't you?" Peter's grandfather asked her as she opens her eyes. "Of course. There." She said as she touches a small wrapped present and a card, Peter's grandfather takes them and puts them in Peter's backpack, which was on his back. "I've got you covered, Pete." He mutters to him.