Penguin-free Meal #3 - Tripping on Shadows

[I'm really sorry this has taken a long time for me to get out. It's two weeks after Halloween, and I've only just finished this. Life has been so busy for me, I haven't had a chance to get much done. So I've shortened this just so I can get it out before Thanks Giving. In any case, I hope you guys find this to your enjoyment. And just to remind you guys, this is set just after the God of Death arc. Again I'm really sorry for the lateness.]

If anything, in spite of the deemed idea that the class was going to have a Halloween evening to bring forth positive feelings for the event, for Amaya she just found herself hating it even more. She had seen Koro-sensei's yellow cranium poking in through the window to check that she hadn't tried to run off in the whole time she'd been in the Faculty office just reading silently in the corner, and the few giggling fits she'd heard ringing through the wall about the deemed Maid-Outfits just drained away all the tolerance she had barely managed to gather up during her time-out.

Part-way through her time here, Irina had practically forgotten the agitated student was even there and moved on towards trying to hang off of Karasuma. Though Amaya accepted that fine enough – Anything was better than being in that classroom filled with the festivities she really did find herself hating.

As the sun began to set in the horizon, Amaya found herself wishing for nothing more than to go home.

But alas, her hopes and wishes were usually made in vain. Today was no different.

Just as Karasuma had shooed Irina away for the tenth time that afternoon, the door slid open to reveal Koro-sensei standing on the other side. His grin was still broad, but instead of his usual teaching robes he was dressed in the standard garbs of a ghost.

'Amaya-san, are you ready to join everyone outside?' The octopus asked.

Amaya snapped her book shut with a loud thud as she lifted her gaze to look at the creature.

'I'd prefer to go drown myself right now, thanks.' Amaya deadpanned, though her expression darkened as she lifted herself, bag and all from the floor. 'I've got more important things to do than play these stupid games.'

'Is that so?' Koro-sensei responded almost whimsically as he watched Amaya walk right over to leave the room. 'Then Sensei won't stop you from going home.'

Thank god for that!

'Jeez, I hope the house hasn't been trashed already...' Amaya muttered as she marched herself away from Koro-sensei, far too preoccupied to notice anything about her surroundings at all, though something did smell oddly acrid on the air. It was also oddly dark in the building. 'I've got all that housework to get done ... hell, what can I cook this la--'

'Sorry to do this, Amaya-san. Please forgive us~' An amused, female voice giggled the very second Amaya set foot into the foyer, and a sudden force slammed hard into her stomach before she could even react. Before she so much as managed to stumble back, hands grabbed hold of her to render her motionless. 'There's no way we can twist your arm on fair grounds~'

'W-wait! What are you doing?!' Another rather horrified voice shrieked out.

And yet whatever was said next didn't come to Amaya.

The very instance that Amaya realized what the chemical stench was, her temper broke out of her control the moment she felt a cloth touch her face. With all the strength she could muster, she wrenched her arms free of the restraining grips to shove bodies back with great force. She heard people fall to the floor with startled squeaks, one after the other as Amaya struggled to shove all her assailants back, miraculously avoiding any harm.