Deadlock! Mcree X Deadlock! Reader

Everyone in the Deadlock gang didn’t need friends, they just did business so being apart of their group meant that you should expect that they aren’t looking for friends.

Though, that didn’t stop a friendly young cowboy to become quite fond of you. You didn’t believe it at first, another Deadlock memer being friendly? Please.

You both had a lot in common though, and you both even admitted to each other that you didn’t like working for this terrible group. But you kinda had to.

You guys became friends, but you decided to keep it a secret, just in case.

After awhile the cowboy fell in love with you, even though he wish he didn’t. It hurt him, because he knew he couldn’t have you.

Why you might ask? Well, outside of your Deadlock life you had a boyfriend. Jesse knew about this so he tries to deny his feelings for you and he’s never told you but…Damn it! It’s hard.

You thought your boyfriend was the one, but it seems you thought wrong. He’d told you that it was over, because all this time he’d been seeing someone else.

You felt anger and sadness mix in your heart, you didn’t know if you should cry or punch a wall.

‘Both’ you decided, tears streaming down your cheeks as you punched a wall in your room. It was hard enough to make a small hole, but not anything noticeable.

The pain in your hand numb as you slid down the wall and cried tears of more frustration than sadness. How could you be so dumb to believe in a man?

There was only one man in your life that ever really cared for you, who was your friend, the only man that listened to you…

You felt a little bit of realization, but brushed it off. Not like he’d like you anyway. Boy, did you have no idea.

But unlucky for you a certain cowboy heard your little commotion of punching the wall. So he came to your room to investigate.

He opened your door to see you on the floor, tears soaking your face and anger and sadness filling your eyes.

“Oh, darlin’…” He whispered, walking into your room and scooping you up in his warm arms.

You didn’t resist, you knew it was Mcree and you actually felt comfort in his arms.

Your eyes softened as you leaned against him, trying to normalize your breathing.

He stroked your hair slowly, he could already figure out what happened. It made him boil with rage but murder would have to wait. Right now, he just wanted to be there for you.

The realization came back to you, you knew he loved you and deep down you knew you loved him. You’d been with the wrong man the whole time.

Jesse was the right man, it just took you awhile to finally realize it.

Taking a deep breath, you looked up at Jesse.

You felt adrenaline rush through you, but nonetheless you whispered to him,

“Jesse, be mine. And I’ll be yours.”