ch 1: feeling loved

"Stop eating. Hurry up," Taehyung said as he stood by the door frame waiting for me to finish my breakfast.

Why was he rushing me? Eating is an essential need for humans to survive. Does he want me to starve to death? I quickly shoved the rest of my sandwich into my mouth and grabbed my purse. "Where are we going again?" I asked with my mouth still full.

"Excuse me. Don't talk with your mouth full," he replied, giving me a look and then a smile. "We are going to Namjoon's house. He's throwing a party today." Again?! Namjoon is always throwing parties. What a party animal. But then again if Namjoon hadn't thrown that one party eight months ago then I wouldn't have met Taehyung. The light of my life.

"What is the party for this time?" I asked. I was a curious person. I needed to know everything.

"I don't know. He just texted me to come over this morning but he didn't say what it was for," he replied. "It was a bit last minute but come on, let's go,"

I stumbled my way out the door and into Taehyung's car. During the car ride to Namjoon's house no one said anything. We were just quietly listening to the song that was playing on the car radio. I'm very happy to say that our relationship has reached the level where being with each other is enough. No words needed to be exchanged. Sitting next to him already made my heart beat crazily. I enjoyed his presence. I just hope that he feels the same way towards me.

"We're here," he muttered as he climbed out of the car. I followed him to the doorsteps of Namjoon's house. Before he rang the door bell I asked him, "Are we not going to bring anything to the party?"

"Nah. We are VIP attendees. We've visited this house so many times that you can just call this your second home," he replied while smiling down at me. "Besides, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we came empty handed,"

I nodded. Namjoon was a pretty carefree guy and I did consider his house like my second home. Or maybe third. Counting my parent's house of course. Taehyung rang the door bell and in a split second Seokjin opened the door to greet us. 

"Wah. You guys are finally here. Come in, come in," he said while smiling brightly at the both of us. He stepped aside to let us in. Once we were in the house, Namjoon engulfed us into a big hug.

"Haven't seen you two lovebirds in a while," Namjoon's voice was a bit muffled by the embrace but we still understood what he said. He finally let go and gave Taehyung a pat on the back.

"You've been treating her right, right?" Namjoon gave another pat on Taehyung's back but this time a bit harder.

"Yes. Of course, hyung," Taehyung managed to mutter out a reply. Sometimes Namjoon scared Taehyung a bit. He had this intimidating but also very comforting aura around him. Namjoon was always like an older brother to me. We were friends since childhood and I really respect and admire him. He was also the one who introduced me to Taehyung.

Namjoon always had a reason to throw a party. Either it was to watch a sport's game, to celebrate a birthday, or just to hang out. I wonder what the occasion was this time. "Namjoonie, what are we celebrating?" I asked.

"It's for a friend of mine that's coming back to Seoul. He's from America," he answered. America? I remember my days in America. I studied abroad when I was seventeen and had a tremendous amount of fun there. Although I didn't make many friends, it was still a very good experience to live in a foreign country and study there. 

"Ah. Who?" I asked again. Even though knowing wouldn't affect me anyways. 

"You'll see when he arrives. He's a good dancer,"

"Um, hyung. Everyone compared to you is a good dancer..."

"Shut up Taehyung,"

-

a/n: hello, sorry for the boring first chapter. it gets more interesting (i hope) later on. thank you for reading!