Piece of Work

This is my first fic ever so thoughts, feelings, opinions and suggestions appreciated.

Faith POV
I hate him. I hate men. God, I don't think I have ever felt so betrayed in my whole life. Dan. Honestly, screw him. I don't think I ever really loved him though, I just thought I really did. Now I'm running off to who knows where, because I sure as hell don't, in a car that sounds like it's slowing birthing a gorilla. Yes I only payed the cash I had in my wallet for it but the homeless man who sold it to me said she was a real piece of work. That's a good thing right? I left Nashville and crossed a few state lines and now I'm on a two lane road on my way to anyway that's away from that cheating, lying son of a bitch. I don't like cussing but he really hurt me. The warm breeze is whipping through the card open windows carting the sound of a struggling engine with it. "Lord I pray we at least make it to the next" I regret saying it almost instantly as the car begins to slow and I know with my luck I've jinxed it. Awesome. It's like 90degrees, the sun is blazing down and all I've got is a back pack with some clothes and a guitar case. Not exactly survival supplies. I'm pretty sure I saw sign that there was a town coming up in a few miles, so maybe I'll just walk there. Next time I run away from a scum bag boyfriend I'll remind myself to wear shoes that breath in case the crapbox car I buy off a homeless man dies and I have to walk 7391185miles. Then in the distance I hear a sound almost as good and pure as Aretha Franklin and Elvis combined: a truck. I start to wave it down before remembering that I have denounced all men and want nothing to do with any of them and all I can do is pray whom ever is driving this beat up truck will be female. Please don't be a man I think, please don't be a man, please don't be a man, please don't be a man. As the truck pulls closer what I can see of the driver is a black cowboy hat and a masculine body so apparently no one up there is looking out for me today. He pulls up next to me and winds the window down. Holy Shit. Excuse my language but I think I just feel pregnant with this mans children. He is the most beautiful man I have ever seen. "You alright ma'am?" He says with enough of a twang for me to melt right into my boots.
"I... um..." Make a sentence Faith, "uh my car. It broke down"
"Ohhhh so that steaming thing about a mile back belongs to you?" He laughs and bam my knees buckle. I lean against his truck to steady myself and also to get a closer look at this beautiful stranger.
"Yeah, uh she belongs to me. Yay."
He gives me a warm smile and says "well a lovely lady like yourself can't stay out on the side of the road. Hop in, Start ain't far from here."
"Start?" I ask as I get in the truck with my guitar and backpack.
"It's the closest town and happens to be home to the greatest diner in all of the world." He tells me while he focuses on the road.
"What about my car?" I ask not all that concerned about its fate but more mine if I don't have some form of transportation.
"My friend owns the local auto shop, we can stop there and get him to tow it into town to assess the issues." I know I've sworn to a life that will from now on be lived without men but if I were to say not do that, this beautiful stranger would be a top pick. It's weird though he doesn't feel strange, oddly comforting infact. As I lean into the seat and get comfortable he says "oh crap, I'm Samuel by the way, except everyone calls me Tim round here."
Tim. I like that. No actually I don't, men and their manly names suck.
"Well Tim, my hero how will I ever repay you?" I ask maybe with some sarcasm, maybe not.
"Your name would be a start" he laughs and I feel compelled to give him anything.
"Oh... Yeah right, I'm Audrey but anyone who knows me calls me Faith."
"Well Faith, Welcome to Start."